News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapato

Been a rough week for the wife. Friday her dad (79 yrs old) had an appointment with his cardiologist so I took him out to lunch at our favorite pub. During the meal he started to slur his words and having problems eating and holding things. Called the wife ,nurse, and she said get him to the hospital NOW! He couldn't stand up and one of the waiters had to help me get him into his wheel chair. Then there was absolutely no way I could get him into my truck. So tried to call 911 but my cell phone was dead. Nice lady having lunch in the patio did that for me and soon he was off to the hospital. Yup, he had a stroke. Couple days there and he was transfered to a skills training facility and he's recovering very well.

Today, things got much worse. She calls me to tell that the assisted living facility called  and said they found her mother unresponsive. Nice way to say she was dead. Anyway off course my wife pulls up a good half hour later ,left work, and the coroner's car, a police car and ambulance were there so she sat in her car crying for a few minutes and then came up.

Now, we have to go and tell her dad and she asked me stay back for  a few minutes and she and her sister would tell him. Poor guy looked totally lost. We spent a few hours there and finally he asked us to leave as he wanted to just sit back and try to read.

We've been watching her dad steadily going downhill for few months and if he'd been the one to go today it wouldn't be a shock. But her mom we all figured she'd be around for years and this was truly unexpected.

Anyway, keep John in your prayers after 58 years of marriage he doesn't have a clue how he'll get thru this. My wife and her sister never had a great relationship with their mother and now this is really weighing hard on them. She was as John told me recently '' a difficult person to live with''. And often unkind to her daughters and husband. So keep them also in your prayers the next few days are going to be difficult for many of them.

We'll get thru it and its good to know you guys have my back. And I want to thank you for that now.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

hotroddonnie

I've got your back Zap, although I'm not one that prays, sometime I wonder if I should start. After 58 years together he may soon die from a broken heart. HRD

Ford Blue blood

Zap so sad to hear that.  Your wife will need all the support you can give her, we just went through this a couple of years ago.  Just know you are not alone, we will all keep you in our prayers.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

JimNolan

Sorry to hear about your family's loss and health issues. Hang in there.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

RICH MUISE

Really sorry to hear that Zap. We all know it's coming, but so hard to deal with when it does. Sounds like your father-in-laws stroke wasn't too bad, as fast as he was in recovery, but as Donnie said his tougher battle may be a broken heart. Knowing the family man you are, I think you and your wife are lucky to have each other to lean on.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

Quote from: hotroddonnie on 2014-08-08 06:15After 58 years together he may soon die from a broken heart. HRD

HRD, you and Rich are absolutely right. This week feels like I'm stuck inside a bad country western song, has to be even worse for him. Am sure most of us know how it feels to get the wind knocked out of us and that feeling is how he looks. He'll be 80 September 7th will be surprised if he makes it.

We checked him out last night so he could go to the mortuary and say ''good-by'' and then back to the pub for dinner. He really didn't want to go back to the skills facility. Real glad I'm not in his place.

Talked with my daughter, she's bringing her daughters over later on. Will be great I need some serious gran daughter time. Haven't seen much of them this week.
Zapato

Frankenstein57

Sorry to hear that zap, no easy way to get through it. Just be there and try to make the best of the time you have, Mark

RICH MUISE

On a lighter note...I'm finally getting somewhere on my house project. I started rebuilding the framing, new windows, insulation, doors, siding, trim, new porch and new roof (I didn't do the roofing. I sarted this in 2012, so it's 3 summers now. Still have a bunch to do....., entire house only has one coat of paint except front, all the soffit areas need scraping or covering...jury is still out there. I've got a small flat roof area in the back of the house that I'm going to raise the walls to make a matching sloped roof. Problem there is that's where the main electric lines come into the house. Anyway, weather is finally cooperating a bit, so I got the last side done with the siding and started painting today. Nice to see the end finally meeting the beginning. Heck, we may have the nicest house in our getto before I'm done. Actually, one nice thing, since I started the rebuilding, 6 neighbors in the immediate 2 blocks have started similar projects. Some are just reroof and repaint, but others are similar to what I've been doing.
First pic is just a few days after starting. I sure miss my old neighbor..he's the guy in the pic...worked his butt off that summer, asking nothing in return.
Not too much being done on the '57...I did get the rubber insulators I had forgot on the gas tank straps installed, and made a cover for the hole in the trunk for fuel pump access.
Seems like ages ago, but that's the '57's donor Mark VIII at the end of the driveway. Almost exactly a year ago.

Zapato

Pretty amazing what you've done. I've seen similar effects in neighborhoods as one starts to show pride in their surroundings others are '' infected'' with pride of ownership. And before you know it turns around. Around here the term used for those turnarounds is ,one I really don't care for, gentryfication.

Place is looking great.

Zapato

57 Ford Kustom

well guys, it's hard to believe that a doctor gave me 3 days to a week(that was 8 days ago) but yet the Lord has given me more time. Christ wins another round!                             
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

RICH MUISE

We're still all pulling for you, Tim. Keep it up! I was impressed with the maturity your son showed when he logged on back a few weeks ago...looks like you and Sheila raised a good one. It was nice to see Sheila keeping us informed also.
It was great to hear from you personnally, Tim...we've all got you in our thoughts and prayers.
Rich

Zapato

Can't say it any better than Rich,keep up the good fight.

Zapato

JimNolan

Tim, may the Lord bless you and keep you during these days of uncertainty. 
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

JPotter57

Tim, just want you to know, that you are constantly in my prayers, daily.  Regardless of whether I ever have the privilege of meeting you on this side, I am certain we will meet in Christ's kingdom.  I am glad to hear from you, just keep the faith.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Ecode70D

Tim
   Keep your faith in God and in his son Jesus.   You  are always in my prayers.  Jay