News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Not a whole lot going on here, as you can probably tell by this being my first post in a week. I've been trying to get some painting done on the house between rain storms....got in a few good days this week, had to stop yesterday for a thorough house cleaning as we found out we've got company coming Friday. I've got to go to Abilene Friday..a 550 mile round trip...and I may be leaving for Arkansas Saturday morning with my wife's cousin. She lives in Phoenix now, and was renting out her previous residence in Arkansas. Her neighbors there called her to let her know the renters vacated, and the house was trashed..so I may be there for however long cleaning up and repairing. She also needs someone to drive a truck back with her last remaining stuff. We're leaving for Phoenix on the 9th, so I hope I'm back at least a few days before that. We'll be staying pretty much in a vacant house, so no computers, tv,etc.
I did get my EFI wiring harness in from Ron Francis last week. It looks top notch all the way. My custom machined dash panel is suppose to be ready tommorrow...unfortunatly if I end up going to Arkansas, I may not see it for a while.
I made a final decision to mount my battery up front, on the driver's side. I got a start on that last week..made a mock up battery box and cut out a hole in the fenderwell. Next thing is to duplicate the mock up in steel.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

Got back from Arkansas late Thursday...beautiful country. I was in Springdale, up in the NW corner. Unfortunatly we got there one day after a "big" car show. I should have nice weather here to get the house painting finished before we leave for Arizona. I've got to get caught up with forum stuff, football, baseball..etc.
LOL...BTW, I'm surprised the Seahawk fans here didn't give me a hard time after beating the Broncos again two weeks ago. That was a good game, and a much better loss for the Broncos than the embarrasing Super Bowl.

RICH MUISE

I found out this morning I really missed a big opportunity when I was in Springdale. I was trying to find something for one of the members this morning , and brought up Jerry's Classic Cars' website...Guess where they're located.....yup, Springdale. SHHHEEEEET.
Check out their website, BTW. Aside from doing beautiful restorations, they sell new and used parts and they have their own CHROME PLATING SHOP!!!! They restore stainless including welding, and restore pot metal as well.
Funny...I used spell check when I was done typing because I wasn't sure about opertunityopportunity, and it never questioned SHHHEEEEET. Guess that's a real word.

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-10-05 12:41
Funny...I used spell check when I was done typing because I wasn't sure about opertunityopportunity, and it never questioned SHHHEEEEET. Guess that's a real word.

Which is why we MUST remain smarter then the machines!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Limey57

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-10-05 12:41
Check out their website, BTW. Aside from doing beautiful restorations, they sell new and used parts and they have their own CHROME PLATING SHOP!!!! They restore stainless including welding, and restore pot metal as well.

Yeah, I've got their site bookmarked and whenever something isn't going right with the Ranchero I spend a while looking through their stuff to remind me it WILL be worth all the grief in the end!  A bit like at the weekend when I fitted the doors and realised I hadn't stirred the paint properly and the white was slightly different shade to the rest of the car......

Oh how I laughed while removing the doors, flatting them, repainting them etc, etc................
Gary

1957 Ranchero

Zapato

Got up and out of bed this morning (3am) to watch the ''blood moon'' lunar eclipse. Dragging a#* now, the things I do to amuse my dear wife.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

JPotter57

I got up for it too..pretty amazing to watch.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Zapato

Have you guys watched     comedians in cars getting coffee     Jerri Seinfeld driving around in classic cars with other comedians talking about ''nothing'' important ? If you didn't like his TV show then you probably should skip it. But if you did its pretty entertaining just Google it and have a good laugh or two.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Limey57

Don't know about the US, but over here it's still warmer than average, so seeing as its a school holiday for a week we've packed the car, coupled up the trailer & heading off for five nights on the East coast of England.  Boy, do I need it, work's been hectic and every spare moment has been spent working on the Ranchero, I LOVE 50's Detroit iron, but there comes a time when everyone needs to recharge their batteries so I'm signing off for a week.  We'll be eating, drinking, walking and cycling and generally relaxing in some very pretty English sea-side towns and making the most of not being covered in paint & oil!!!!
Gary

1957 Ranchero

jseth83

That sounds like a nice trip!   The weather has been really great the past few weeks on the Gulf of Mexico and it has made for some really great cruising.
57 wagon, sedan, and TBird 
67 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Gary, I hope you and the family are having a great trip. I think this is the perfect time of the year for a trip....no summertime crouds, still foliage on the trees, cheaper 'cause it's offseaon (particularly in the ski areas that also cater to summer tourists)....weather is usually great.
Another traveling related topic...gas prices coming down!! When we left for Phoenix on the 8th, gas was averaging 3.04 in Amarillo. Most everywhere we went I was glad to see it about the same, but when we got back to Amarillo on the 18th, it was down to 2.84. We paid 2.74 at Sam's Club.

hiball3985

Wish we had those kind of prices in Calif. I drove the 57 to San Diego last Saturday to visit the grand kids and the gas down there was $3.18, still around $3.45 in my area, but an improvement over the past .

JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Frankenstein57

We dropped below $3 in the past week

RICH MUISE

Time for a story...lol...before we went to Phoenix, on of the guys that hangs around the hot rod shop with us was telling me a different way to go to Phoenix from Amarillo. Basically it's route 60 from Phoenix all the way thru to Socorro, on I25 south of Alburquerque. We went that way going home, and the first few hundred miles was beautiful. One of the highlights was the Salt River Canyon. A wide, deep canyon that you have to wind your way down one side, cross the river, then wind your way back up. We stopped at a few overlooks, and I commented to my wife that I couldn't imagine driving that route in the winter. The first pic was from one of the overlooks. The arrow I drew to a circled white dot is what is in the second pic. Personally, I would have died of a heart attack long before the car came to a stop. It appears to be a Corvette.? I wonder how long it's been there.
Also, at the bottom center of the first pic is what appears to be a camper or trailer.

RICH MUISE

As per Paul Harvey...now the rest of the story. Jim, the guy that had told me about that route to try, was in the shop yesterday talking about some surgery he had scheduled for Nov. He has lost most mobility on his left side due to a deteriorating neck problem. He has to have 4 discs fused together. I asked him what caused the problem...if it was from an injury and he told me of an accident he had, I think in the late 80's. He had just purchased a new Bronco in Springerville, just east of the canyon and was driving thru the canyon about 10pm when dense fog hit. The Bronco had less than 40 miles on it. Anyway, he missed a turn and drove right thru a guardrail at one of the overlooks. The next morning an aircraft flying thru the area spotted the wreckage and called it in. The 100 foot fall broke his back in 5 places and severly damaged his neck. He was in the hospital for 11 months.