News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Just keeping the progress alive....57 Gasser

Started by hotroddonnie, 2013-11-23 18:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

HRD
     Your car came out real nice.   I especially like the plain dash and the paint has a nice shine to it.  The trunk job is nice and clean also.
Jay

hotroddonnie

Glad you guys liked the pictures. Thanks.

RICH MUISE

enjoyed all the pics..thanks. That's some great sheetmetal work.
The easy way to size your pics....a program that comes with windows, so it's already on your computer. Go to the folder that contains the pics you want to resize. RIGHT click on a pic, and click on "open with" from the pop up menu. Chose "paint". When the photo comes up, you'll probably only see a portion of it...that means it's a big file. chose "image" (it's at the top), click "resize". a pop up menu will probably have the percentage box already highlighted. Try typing "25" (tab) "25", then hit enter. That means the file size is now 25% of what it was. when you close the window, the pop up menu will ask if you want to save.
(Paint is the name of the program you should have with windows)The 25% is what works for me, because my pixel count is so high. If it makes your pics too small, try 50% or whatever. Just be aware when you save it, it is a permanent change, so if you want to resize a pic for posting, but don't want to permanently lower the pixel count, save it under another name.
It's a lot simpler than the typing explanation
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JPotter57

Donnie, I love the workmanship on this car.. My favorite part I think is the trunk area, that is awesome.  Is the battery in that little access door in the right rear?  If so, that is awesome.  Also, did you use a Mustang tank in there?  It looks good.  I used a `69 Mustang tank in my 61 Unibody, it looks kinda like mine.  Great work on that very cool `57.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

hotroddonnie

Yes the battery is in the trunk under the lid, and it is a Mustang tank.

hotroddonnie

Thanks Rich for all that computer education, it allowed me to be able to download my avatar, but its to small so when I get home today I'll mess around with it...I'll be computer geek instead of a garage monkey. 

RICH MUISE

Just remember, you can't restore the larger size once it's saved in the smaller size. To keep the original as is, and keep a smaller size as well, hit the "save as" function in "file", or maybe also right click will get you to the "save as" function. I keep avatars in a seperate folder, that way they are easy to find.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Jeff Norwell

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

65kcode

What year mustang fuel tank did you use? Was there much fabbing to make it fit.  That tank looks like it belongs. Nice car!

Kevin

Ecode70D

Donnie
     I need to know what Mustang tank you used also.  It's not for me, but for a friend of mine who,does not know how to work a computer.
     FWIW  I have a computer and don't know how to work it also..  Jay

Zapato

Quote from: hotroddonnie on 2013-11-23 22:42
Yes the battery is in the trunk under the lid, and it is a Mustang tank.

HRD, any concern on your part that the cut edge of the lightening holes will/could end up cutting thru the battery case? Curious if you're holding it down inside the box away from he walls.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

hotroddonnie

Jay, it is a mustang tank 67 but they are the same from 65 and up till 69 as far as I know. Falcon is the same tank, the filler neck is off to the side a bit more.

hotroddonnie

Kevin., I had no trunk floor in the car at all so Rob the fabricater built the trunk with that tank in mind. It has a lip around the top of the tank, so it just drops in.

hotroddonnie

Zapato, I do have the battery bolted in at the top, no movement, not as scary as it looks!

65kcode

thanks donnie, I have an old 66 mustang tank here at the house, I'll take some measurements and see how it looks..new mustang tank is alot cheaper than a 57 tank is..

Kevin