News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Seems like I only post when I need something. So...

Started by GaryI72, 2013-11-26 13:48

Previous topic - Next topic

GaryI72

Hello to all.  We have a 64B.  It's been in the family for a long time. We put a 460 from a 69 Lincoln in it. We are from the get it done crowd.  Not really the get it done in the best way possible. Hope everyone on here is well and have a Happy Thanksgiving. We have a long way to go on the car. But we are chipping away. Dad wants sidepipes, (vette style). Haven't seen to many like that.  Thanks for all the info.

rmk57

Biggest part of the swap for me was the cooling system. trimmed the core support for more clearance for the larger radiator and fan clutch.
Without it it would always run warm or hot with the stock rad. Now it never gets above 185 degrees.
Crites makes a swap kit as you may know, headers, motor mounts, trans mount.

Post some pics and lets see what you've done so far.

Randy
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

GaryI72

Two years and counting...
Lousy at posting pics. Here it goes...
Donor car w/engine.
Cleaned up...
What we started with on '57.
After paint..

GaryI72

Some more pics...
Engine in car...
Tight header fit on driver's side
From the back..
Both doors back together,(with glass installed)
This was like putting a puzzle together.
Never again.
Headliner in.  Just got the call that the front and rear glass was put in.
Had a heck of a time trying to find someone to help us on that.
A lot of stainless to polish.

RICH MUISE

You're moving right along on that car...looking great. I'm having a heck of a time finding a helping hand for the front and rear windshilds also. Hoping to find someone that's done it before to help.
Engine looks great, btw...love that shiney stuff! Thanks for posting the pics.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hotroddonnie

Nice job! That'll be nice to see all finished. Looks like your spending some money.

hotroddonnie

Hey Rich, I got sick and tired of trying to find a glass guy, and when I found a guy, he told me I'd have to wait 2 weeks you caught me during fishing season.... so I went on line, made some popcorn watched a how to video called a friend and we did the front and rear glass in 3 hrs. Probably could have done it in 2 but I spent an hour getting over how easy it was!

RICH MUISE

I'm sure that's what I'll end up doing. My buddy at the restoration shop said the Fords were,'t that hard to do. LOL....of course it was at his shop watching him and his help trying to install a windshield in a '55 chevy that made me decide to look for someone to do it. He later told me that one was the worst he had ever encountered...took 4 hours. I'm old, I can't slap and push that long.

GaryI72

According to my Dad. The front went in no problem.  For some reason, the back was a pain in the rear. They ended up not putting the bottom stainless in. We had a glass installer come in from Cleveland to help. I should explain that they live on the other side of the state. It is a long distance working relationship. I have the doors and all the stainless.

Ecode70D

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-11-29 14:09
You're moving right along on that car...looking great. I'm having a heck of a time finding a helping hand for the front and rear windshilds also. Hoping to find someone that's done it before to help.
Engine looks great, btw...love that shiney stuff! Thanks for posting the pics.

Rich
   I sure wish that I was there to help you.  Those windshields are a walk in the park. It's a good idea to put the headliner in first though.
   Let me know when you are going to do it and I'll call you on the phone and walk you through it.  There is really nothing to it and it takes no time at all. I do them by myself.
Jay   

rmk57

That's a stout looking engine. FPA headers ? What are the details on the engine?
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

Didn't mean to hijack your thread Gary, but thanks for bringing the glass install up. Thanks Jay..I'll give you a call before I tackle it.

GaryI72

Yeah, FPA headers and Crites motor mounts. I'm just thankful it dropped in transmission  and all w/o scarring up the threads. Our engine puller was an international backhoe. Stock heads and block. Most of the stuff was from what you guys had recommended in the vendor section. (I've been lurking around here for awhile). My g/f's Dad had two 69's, this one was outside with grass growing up around it. I kept the seven way power seats out of it. I was on the fence about using them. Decided not to and stayed with the stock.

Frankenstein57

Your car looks good!  I always thought a stock 429/460 should power one of these just fine. Add a set of headers,good fuel delivery and spark, let it eat.  Mark

Jeff Norwell

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com