News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

So Cal Members

Started by Contibob, 2013-11-29 23:45

Previous topic - Next topic

wildhog

Jeff,Do you need someone to carry your suit case?
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

Contibob

If the info I have is correct that is the weekend of my 60th birthday. Seems like a great present to give myself.

Contibob

Skip, Never bought any cars out of Hemet. I'll call when I am coming up that way again. Bob

57AGIN

Contibob:

Give me a phone call (562) 716-9601 and we can exchange email addresses.  I really don't want to put the names, etc. of the 57 owners I've met and obtained their info out on the WEB.  However, what I have is generally available on the windshields of their cars at the car shows they have attended.  The additional info I've obtained was intended primarily to enable me to contact them to try to have them come out to the various events we have out here.  I'd like to add your info to the list also.

Rick and I get real tired of being just a couple of the 57 Fords proudly showing our cars in competition with the many Brand X cars out here.  It is true that we have so many shows available out here that we could attend over a hundred each year.  But, that is way too expensive and hard on the home life.  At the Fabulous Fords Forever show at Knott's every April there are usually 15 to 20 57's showing, out of the over 200 that I know must be out here.  At the 2004 Fun Ford Weekend we were able to get 20 57 Fords out to that event, even though it was threatening to rain.  We made up over 1/3 of their entire car show and put a few 57's out onto the drag strip.  In 2007 at the John Force Holiday Show out 57 Fords outnumbered the Brand X cars and it was a proud time celebrating the 50th Anniversary of one of the greatest single year manufacturers lines ever made.

Both Rick and I have discussed and believe there might be enough 57 Fords International members out here to form a regional chapter.  Not to hold scheduled meetings, but to show as a club at a couple of the bigger/better West Coast shows in the Southern California area.  I'm just throwing this out as a possibility.  Talk about hi-jacking a thread.  Sorry about that.  Contibob, Robhaerr, KidKourier, hiball3985 and other Sothern Calif. club guys give me a call or a post with your thoughts.

Bob
57 AGIN

KidKourier

Bob start a new thread and chat it up!I don't know about the rest of the SoCal members when they go to shows/cruises but in my area I run into The Classic Chevys of Riverside,while I'm not outmatched I'm out numbered(think Little Bighorn)LOL KID

Contibob

Skip, From April through November there is a great car gathering in Yucaipa on the first Friday of the month. First time I went to it there were three 57 Fords. Down here in San Diego we have quite a few "cruise nights" and rarely see any 57 Fords. That's why I go visit family on the first Friday of the month up there. Met a guy in Yucaipa that has a Courier and a Ranchero and another guy, on this list, that has a Custom 300, never see their cars at the show though. Bob

BWhitmore

A Possibilty:  I am on the Board of Directors of the educational foundation for the Montebello Unified School District.  We are in the discussion stages about hosting a car show in Montebello in late May or early June as a fundraising event.  The show will be held at the school district office (all paved for about 110 cars). 

If in fact this show is scheduled this could be a great opportunity for the So Cal members to get together.  I will keep everyone posted.  Montebello is located off the 60 freeway between the 605 and 710 freeways.    Bill