News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57.5 or 58 ranchero???

Started by electricalan, 2013-12-13 17:17

Previous topic - Next topic

electricalan

I'm having flashbacks Donnie.The one I saw was at the Portland swap meet over ten years ago.It was at the swap meet yard for sale and looked to be original,and in need of restoration.I already had my 57 so was not a buyer "maybe I should have been."Sure interesting anyway.Thanks for all the responses guys.I got my answer that my dads setup was the norm as far as the lights,and his engine was available.
                            Thanks Al
Returning from a long hibernation!!!

OUTLAW

The 58 352 Intercepter option came with a glove box emblem.

Ecode70D

Quote from: hotroddonnie on 2013-12-14 07:56
I'm no expert, but look what I found.

Donnie
    What does it say under the picture?  When I blew it up , I couldn't read it.   Jay

hotroddonnie

I'm out and about Jay and it's hard to see on my IPhone so when I get home I'll look on the big screen, or you can go onto 58 Ranchero and go to images and scroll till you see it.

electricalan

Outlaw.I am really stretching my memory now but I think I do remember some kind of plate surrounding the keylock to the glovebox, Is that where it was located?

Ecode70D

I had a few of them and it was on the glove box of the 58.  Pretty sure that it said Interceptor special.

hotroddonnie

Well the letters on the bottom say. This 58 Ranchero (clay) is about as close to production as it gets. Note the flat board interior (dash) and then it says the 56 in the back ground is a production vehicle. So I guess Hiball3985 was right when he said it was a clay car. So back to the main question!

wildhog

I have a few of the 58 Interceptor glove box emblems, that I got in the deal with the 57 Thunderbird special emblems, I have never posted them for sale as they are 58 parts. If any one is interested, please P.M. me
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

Frankenstein57

My 58 had a 57 steering box in it, I was missing some horn parts when I realized it. I went to southern Illinois to haul back a 58 I found, and the horn parts wouldn't fit. Upon closer inspection I saw the 57 box, so I swapped it out. It made a huge difference in the drivability. I should check the production run, probably an early build and they used up the 57 stuff first, Mark

electricalan

I have heard they used to do stuff like that.That was kind of where my original question was going.did not know if they had half years back then.

hiball3985

Changes were always made during production runs but I don't recall any designated half years until 63 1/2.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Frankenstein57

Please don't make me go outside, put me back in the shop!

hiball3985

I read that as "What are we waiting for lets go". I like cars that aren't afraid of a little weather.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

SkylinerRon

Differences;
Cruis-o, Dual range.
Alum 2 sp Fordo (junk)
Starts in park
Upper control arm bushings.
Opt Aire Ride
Hood scoop
No in-dash a/c
White knobs
Most all trim/colors
Rear bumper (F/L)

Ron.

Lou

The spare tire was moved out of the cab to under the rear in 58, Gages swapped colors in 58.