News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Amazon Prime members...My Classic Car on Demand.

Started by GaryI72, 2013-12-23 16:17

Previous topic - Next topic

GaryI72

I don't know how many of you use the streaming movie feature,(like netflix). Every season of My Classic Car is available. This is 16 seasons with approx. 25 episodes per season and no commercials! Great if you're snowed in or just want to drive your significant other crazy, (another episode??!!).

hotroddonnie

Didn't know that Gary, and I have Netflix, I'll have to check that out.

Ecode70D

I'm  computer challenged and I wish that you guys would let me in on the secret.   I don't even know what a Netflix is.

hotroddonnie

Netflix is a site on the computer that you pay 8 bucks a month and you can rent movies that you've already seen 3 times it's great. You can plug your computer into the TV and watch movies or take the computer up to bed and watch a movie on it while your wife hogs the new flat screen in the living room!

hotroddonnie

Just kidding Ecode, it's not to bad, I'm lucky my two girls keep me updated with all my electronics when they come home for visits.

electricalan

Good to know Gary.Great explanation of netflix Donnie.Ya I have it now that my 23 year old son is back living at home. Happy Holidays
Returning from a long hibernation!!!

hiball3985

We just got Netflix recently and it comes through the TV, there is also a choice of a few other similar services and no computer needed. We just started watching some old shows we had never seen because I don't have any of the premium stuff like HBO on my cable.  We are watching the original English version of Shameless episodes now..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

57 Ford Kustom

Watch out Highball! Netflix is addicting, wife and I started watching"Breaking Bad" series, next thing we knew 8hrs. We're lost! Lol!
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

Jeff Norwell

Yea Netflix..Got hooked on Justified.....oboy
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

hiball3985

Quote from: 57 Ford Kustom on 2013-12-25 07:28
Watch out Highball! Netflix is addicting, wife and I started watching"Breaking Bad" series, next thing we knew 8hrs. We're lost! Lol!
Luckily I'm not a huge fan of the Idiot Box :003:, we limit it to between 8 and 10pm so we only get two episodes each night, some nights we don't even turn it on..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hotroddonnie

Well its obvious I need to check out the Netflix on the TV and not the computer, did not know that and have no clue how to, but my kids are home so we'll need to talk. 

hiball3985

Quote from: hotroddonnie on 2013-12-25 08:25
Well its obvious I need to check out the Netflix on the TV and not the computer, did not know that and have no clue how to, but my kids are home so we'll need to talk.
I only found this out when I bought a new TV a few months ago, it's called a Smart TV and obviously smarter then me, the old one was 14 years old and a CRT. I had no idea that it could get Netflix until my son told me about it and set it up for us. I do like being able to watch shows commercial free. It also has things like Internet Explorer which I have no idea how to use..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hotroddonnie

Okay having talked to my daughter she informed me that I can't get Netflix on our TV we need a smart TV, guess I bought the stupid one! Any ways I'll just watch Netflix through the computer. And Jeff I got hooked on Justified, picked up all 3 seasons if you need to borrow let me know.   

57 Ford Kustom

Justified, have to check it out! Hiball, you remember the long winter in New England! Not much else to do! Lol!
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

hiball3985

Quote from: hotroddonnie on 2013-12-25 08:44
Okay having talked to my daughter she informed me that I can't get Netflix on our TV we need a smart TV, guess I bought the stupid one! Any ways I'll just watch Netflix through the computer. And Jeff I got hooked on Justified, picked up all 3 seasons if you need to borrow let me know.
I had no idea what a smart TV was but it seems that they all said that, if I had seen one labeled stupid I probably would have bought it  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang