News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Trunk emblem

Started by Finally1, 2013-12-29 23:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Finally1

I was searching for a new trunk emblem for the car I just bought and noticed that the colors are reversed in the replacement units . Do I have a odd ball ? Heres is a link to the emblem the red and blue are on the opposite sides on my car .
http://macsautoparts.com/1949-59-ford-mercury-trunk-lid-emblem-plastic-ford-custom-2-door-4-door-sedan-b7a-7042514-a/camid/F50/cp/JS0R3CHL1106715/
1957-70A -19000 miles
1966 Gt Fairlane 38000 miles

Both cars still have original sheet metal

RICH MUISE

Are the lions/cats/whatever they are facing in the opposite direction as well? If so, maybe they just accidentaly reversed the image. Don't know where my old one is to look.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hotroddonnie

It's possible that the factory worker over in China was not properly trained, just a wild guess!

hiball3985

I think you have an oddball the one from Macs look correct to me..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Finally1

I looked at mine and the lions are facing the same way just the red and blue are switched .
1957-70A -19000 miles
1966 Gt Fairlane 38000 miles

Both cars still have original sheet metal

Zapato

That Ford family crest is something Henry Ford had done to feed his ego. Means absolutely nothing. I think I'll see if there's room to convert mine to a 3rd brake light.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Ecode70D

The red and blue on mine are the same as the one in Mac's catalog.

hiball3985

I thought the top of this page was a good example  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2013-12-31 19:18
I thought the top of this page was a good example  :003:

Jim
     Why didn't I think of that?   I had to go all the was out back in the cold just to find that out.
      Even if mine was wrong, most likely I would not have changed it.  Out here where 57 Fords are scarce who would have noticed it?

JPotter57

Some of you guys may think this is redneck or whatever, but I am from the South, and am very proud of my Southern heritage, so....
This is an idea I had a couple years ago, actually made one up, but this is the photochop that I did to see if I would like it..Check it out.  Yeah, the one I made is on my Custom right now.
By the way, the red is on the upper left on my original part.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Zapato

James, missing a few stars or did you just forget the border states?

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

JPotter57

Had to size it down from a square decal, just did this in about a minute, so I didnt go for accuracy, lol.  As they say, some detail was lost in the transfer of the image, lol.  The real one looks better, still missing a star or two though.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.