News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Sill plate question.

Started by hotroddonnie, 2013-12-30 19:15

Previous topic - Next topic

hotroddonnie

On my sill plates is there a left and right? My real question is, where should the ford stamp be, at the front or the back? By reversing from one side to the other changes the ford stamp from front to back! Thanks HRD.

Ecode70D

HRD
     Those sill plates are all wrong.   Send them to me and I'll get rid of them for you.
Jay

hotroddonnie

Well Jay I was wondering if they're right or not. I don't see any ford stamped on any images that I found.

RICH MUISE

Mine have F O R D as well as the crest. They are reproductions..Dennis Carpenter. Never paid attention to where they were suppose to go...didn't really care....one of the advantages of not doing an original restoration. LOL..just put the left one on the driver's side. I think that's right, but left to you to decide.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hotroddonnie

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-12-30 21:16
Mine have F O R D as well as the crest. They are reproductions..Dennis Carpenter. Never paid attention to where they were suppose to go...didn't really care....one of the advantages of not doing an original restoration. LOL..just put the left one on the driver's side. I think that's right, but left to you to decide.
I'm not sure if you helped me or not Rich, but I'm gonna thank you anyway....Thanks!

hotroddonnie

I would love to put my sill plates on this year and I've only got 16hrs left and counting, 9 of those hours I have to be at work. 42 hits on my thread and a big fat zero! What is this world coming to?

RICH MUISE

"Body, trim, and sealant manual" page 7-1217. scuff plates are shown with the Ford logo towards the front of the vehicle. Thanks Donnie, I now know mine are on backwards.

hiball3985

I guess Rich found the answer. I found this picture that shows them toward the rear and I assumed this car was done by some purist nit picker  :003: So there are more then a few people who have them backwards..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

A scan of the page...
Edit... Guess I need to credit Osborn productions for the diagram.

RICH MUISE

Gonna be a lot of work to fix...gotta jack up the sill plates and rotate the car 180 degrees...think I'll just leave them.

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-12-31 08:56
Gonna be a lot of work to fix...gotta jack up the sill plates and rotate the car 180 degrees...think I'll just leave them.
:laughing4: :occasion14:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hotroddonnie

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-12-31 08:56
LMAO! Thanks guys! Happy Newyears! HRD

suede57ford

The Ranchero interior in the picture has the seat backs on installed the wrong side.   Thecolored insert on the the seat backs should point outward toward the doors.    I see alot of Ranchero with the correct & super nice ABC/Lebony interior kit, butthe upholstry shop intalls the upper seat cover on the incorrect side, becuase they can be installed either way of of the box.   I think '58 Fords had the insertspointing together in the middle like the one in the picture.   Too bad for what looks like a really nice Ranchero.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

hotroddonnie

Quote from: suede57ford on 2013-12-31 19:53
The Ranchero interior in the picture has the seat backs on installed the wrong side.   Thecolored insert on the the seat backs should point outward toward the doors.    I see alot of Ranchero with the correct & super nice ABC/Lebony interior kit, butthe upholstry shop intalls the upper seat cover on the incorrect side, becuase they can be installed either way of of the box.   I think '58 Fords had the insertspointing together in the middle like the one in the picture.   Too bad for what looks like a really nice Ranchero.
Having said all that, and what a keen eye! How's them sill (scuff) plates?

Ecode70D

These were done by guess work.  When I bought the car, the front seat was missing and, there were no cars around here to look at .
    I seriously hope that they're not backwards.

Sorry HRD...   Looks like I"m always hijacking your threads