News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Sill plate question.

Started by hotroddonnie, 2013-12-30 19:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2014-01-01 10:55
   These were done by guess work.  When I bought the car, the front seat was missing and, there were no cars around here to look at .
    I seriously hope that they're not backwards.

Sorry HRD...   Looks like I"m always hijacking your threads

Nope.. they are correct.. Please stop Hijacking everyones threads hahaha
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Ecode70D

I'm glad to hear that.   
There was  a 50% chance that It would be OK.

Jeff Norwell

:001:

Ecode70D

How do I know that the picture is real and not some of  your fancy art work?
We need to talk. 

Jeff Norwell

suede57ford

The 70A/70D seat covers pictured are correct and look great.  They are exactly like mine and I used several original 70A's for pattterns.   
I was commenting on the Blue/White Ranchero interior.  I see backwards covers on some nice looking rancheros on ebay.   I'm sure it is just how the person putting the covers on thought they should go on.  Shame to put such a quality cover set on wrong.  It can happen, as these cars have been around awhile and good originals examples are getting scarce.

Sorry to hijack the sill plate question, just figured it was a good time to bring up the ranchero covers since one was pictured.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

Ecode70D

Quote from: suede57ford on 2014-01-01 22:11
The 70A/70D seat covers pictured are correct and look great.  They are exactly like mine and I used several original 70A's for patterns.   

Suede57  Thank you for your kind comment.  If they were wrong, I would have had to carefully reverse them and hope for the best.
    I can't trust Jeff because I think that he and Donnie are partners in crime.  Jay

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2014-01-02 15:04
   Suede57  Thank you for your kind comment.  If they were wrong, I would have had to carefully reverse them and hope for the best.
    I can't trust Jeff because I think that he and Donnie are partners in crime.  Jay

Curses!Foiled Again!.Donnie..Plan B!

hotroddonnie

Sad part is Jay I still have no clue which way the sill plates go on, and my good buddy already took his off or never had any on. From the pictures that I have been able to see on the internet, it looks like the Ford emblem is towards the back on both sides.

RICH MUISE

I'm confused.....I posted a page from the manual showing the positioning of the logo..did you not see it?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

Quote from: hotroddonnie on 2014-01-02 18:34
Sad part is Jay I still have no clue which way the sill plates go on, and my good buddy already took his off or never had any on. From the pictures that I have been able to see on the internet, it looks like the Ford emblem is towards the back on both sides.

Donnie
       I told you before that your sill plates that  you have are no good.   Just send them to me and I'll take care of them.

All kidding aside....
           Left      (driver side)      sill plate should have the logo forward toward the left A Post.
          Right   (passanger side) sill plate should have the logo forward toward the right A Post 
        Jay

Ecode70D

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-01-02 19:33
I'm confused.....I posted a page from the manual showing the positioning of the logo..did you not see it?

Rich
     I saw your page from the manual and it's clear to me.   The truth of the matter is that I was wondering about this same question before Donnie posted it.  Now I know that the logo is forward on both sill plates.  Jay

hotroddonnie

Sorry Rich. I did see your post but with all the pictures on the web I second guessed it, yes I know how could I second guess something you went out of your way to post for me? I don't know man I just did! Anyway, there are a lot of sill plates on backwards out there. I will be putting mine on the way it shows in your post. Thanks HRD.

57 Ford Kustom

I guess mine are backward also! Lol! But they seemed so right!
Thanks,
Tim
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

RICH MUISE

It's the area you see first when you open the door. I think the back location is the best.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe