News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57's in movies and tv

Started by Boss/Cyclone, 2014-01-01 18:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2014-01-02 08:08
Wasn't it a 57 that got shoved into the pond in "Psycho" ?

I seem to remember an episode of Twilight Zone that had a few..

Yes
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Jeff Norwell

A Perfect World,. With Kevin Costner and Clint Eastwood.If you have never seen it. do so. Great Film.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

suede57ford

"Leave it To Beaver".   Ward drove a '57 for awhile.

One of the James Bond Movies they ruined a Retractable.

"Adventures of Ford Fairlane" Andrew Dice Clay.

Te recent "Masters of Sex" on Showtime  had a Reteractable as a main character car.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

JPotter57

In the final scene of Two-Lane Blacktop, where the  55 Chevy and the black SS El Camino set up a race at the old airport, you can see two or three cars in the background  One is a black 57 Ford Custom Tudor, possibly a straight axle front end.  I have a screen capture of it somewhere, when I find it I will post it.  Incidentally, that movie is one of my favorite car movies of all time, and that final race scene was filmed just across the river from my house in Tennessee, about 15-20 miles or so. 
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

hotroddonnie

Quote from: JPotter57 on 2014-01-02 23:51
In the final scene of Two-Lane Blacktop, where the  55 Chevy and the black SS El Camino set up a race at the old airport, you can see two or three cars in the background  One is a black 57 Ford Custom Tudor, possibly a straight axle front end.  I have a screen capture of it somewhere, when I find it I will post it.  Incidentally, that movie is one of my favorite car movies of all time, and that final race scene was filmed just across the river from my house in Tennessee, about 15-20 miles or so.
No pressure, but that would be cool to see the straight axle. I'll keep checking every 10 minutes! And like I said, no pressure. HRD

jdlafayette

I asked this before on another thread, Remember when Andrew Dice Clay movie came out and they showed him beating the crap out of it and then blowing it up on the previews. I threw up and never saw the movie! Did they blow up a nice conv.?

Wirenut

There was a James Bond movie where Pierce Brosnan was in Cuba and he was driving brown and white 57 Fairlane. (Not sure if it was really filmed in Cuba or not).

Boss/Cyclone

Love that movie, have a copy and have watched it many times.  I'll try to watch the end later to check it out.
57 Ford two door wagon
67 Shelby GT500 #2100 428, dual quads, 4speed
65 Cyclone drag car, 427, 4speed, ladder bars, etc.
64 Cyclone, Aztec Gold, 289, 4speed
66 Mustang GT fastback 347 5speed 4.22 gears
69 Mustang GT convertible 351 auto

rmk57

They gave that old 55 a paint job, removed the roll bar, put in roll up windows and was a big star in American graffiti.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

57AGIN

Guys:

If you have NETFLIX you can probably catch some of my friends 57 and other Fords in the TV series Vegas..  Unfortunately for him the show was cancelled and he only got them in for the one season.  His 57 is this one, photo taken at the 2012 Knott's Fabulous Fords Forever show.

Bob
57 AGIN

sprink88

I really liked that show for the cars. Then I started to like the plot. Then it got cancelled. I hate when that happens.
~Chris

Frankenstein57

I agree, that was one of the newer shows I took the time to watch. Seems like alot of Dumb shows these days

JPotter57

When I find my copy of TLB again, I will get a better screen capture of it.  This is one I snapped a long time ago, and it was very low res, taken from a VHS that was very worn.  I have a new DVD now, and will be able to even get a bigger higher res screenshot.  When watching the movie, you can see it more clearly tell what it is, which is why I noticed it to begin with...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

sprink88

Nice, I have never noticed it before. Thanks for sharing
~Chris

BWhitmore

There are at least 3-4 57 Fords in the recent Disney movie "Saving Mr. Banks" including a Ranchero.