News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Hope for the rust of us

Started by Frankenstein57, 2014-01-05 07:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankenstein57

Sitting in the shop last night reading the March Street Rodder that just arrived, page 58, "best ford in a ford" article. Nice red and black 57 ranchero, the guy replaced the floor pans, rockers, and quarters. It has a chopped top,which I don't get being 6-3" .So..... take it slow and do a good job on the rust repairs, and you will have a car worthy of a magazine.  Also in this issue, one of my favorite cars on page68, 61 starliner, just a killer version, beautifull car. And a feature story on a falcon, good read.    Mark :library:

hotroddonnie

Falcon! Did someone say Falcon? This is my brothers.

hiball3985

I love the 61 Starliners, probably the only car I would consider trading my Ranchero for.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Limey57

After the 57 range my next favourite would have to be a 60 Sunliner after seeing "Slamliner" in a magazine feature:

Gary

1957 Ranchero

Ecode70D

That friend of mine who converted the 4dr 57 custom to a 2dr has a 60 Ford Starliner that he is going to do after the 57 is done.  Those 60 Fords just plain vanished off the face of the earth.
Sure am glad that he's a Ford guy. 

RICH MUISE

Now that's a gorgeous car. Talk about clean lines. I like all the low to mid 60's Fords. Love that brown paint...a color  not used nearly enough imho. I painted a '66 T-Bird Landau that color..had forgotten about that paint job til I saw your '60 pic.
quote Jay: "Those 60 Fords just plain vanished off the face of the earth." Seems like it doesn't it?..same with '62's.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

clusterbuster

I had a 60 Starliner back in the day. Metallic green with a 292 automatic. Fond memories of that car.

modifieddriver

Just like the rest of the Fords of that era, those 60's came from the factory with rust as standard equipment.  Add a non-oiling Y-block and it's off to the crusher.
If ya' really want it, all ya' have to do is "STEP- UP"

Ecode70D

Sorry to say this, but that's true.

Jeff Norwell

Add to the Fact 1960 was the WORST in cars sales for Ford.Many dealerships closed.Many closed due to the fact of very very poor sales and there was a recession on in full swing.
Yes. Most forget that recessions have happened every 10 years. except during the Bush Jr. years.we skipped one there and ended up with the major disaster of 08.(Sorry off track)
Yes. the 1960 Ford is a pretty rare bird.. 61 too..but 1960 (with the Rust issues as well)
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

hiball3985

I always liked the 60's. Back in the day a friend of mine bought one at a city auction for $100, ex MTA the same color green as the city buses. It was just the standard square roof model, 2dr with a 292 and a 3spd. I always described it as a one in million that all the tolerances must have been perfect, this thing ran better then any stock 292 I had ever seen, it was actually fast..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

wildhog

I have never liked the 60 Fords,but thought the 61 was one of the nicest Fords ever built.
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

hiball3985

Only Ford I never liked was the 59, I think all the car manufactures had a contest to see who could make the ugliest  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Limey57

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2014-01-06 14:01
Only Ford I never liked was the 59, I think all the car manufactures had a contest to see who could make the ugliest  :003:

If that competition had been run in '58 Buick would have won by a mile!!!!  :003:
Gary

1957 Ranchero

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2014-01-06 14:01

I thought the 60 was the ugliest, Ford abandoned the round tail light....but I do have a 60 2dr wagon waiting in the wings....neet looking and completely different!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II