News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

This is what I hope to be driving in 2014

Started by Ecode70D, 2014-01-16 10:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

Gary
    I had all of the original panels also and and they were in tough condition. I used them as patterns to make the ones that are in the car now.  The only ones that I actually used are the rubber ones that cover the inner wheel wells.  See photo
     I also sent you an email. Jay

clusterbuster

Looks great. Very nice job. Hope to get my 300 4 door on the road this year as well. See you eliminated your front bumper guards like mine. Been working on the seat frames getting ready for new upholstery, insulating the roof, and just installed a new windshield. The list goes on and on. A perfect past time for a retiree.

Ecode70D

Quote from: clusterbuster on 2014-01-17 19:28
Looks great. Very nice job. Hope to get my 300 4 door on the road this year as well. See you eliminated your front bumper guards like mine. Been working on the seat frames getting ready for new upholstery, insulating the roof, and just installed a new windshield. The list goes on and on. A perfect past time for a retiree.

After looking at some of the cars on the site without bumper guards, I kinda like the smooth look.
I can always put them on later.  Keep working on your car.  Sometimes things can get frustrating, but eventually they get back together.   

clusterbuster

Thanks Ecode. I know the 57 2 door is the most popular and I had several 2 door Fords back in the 50'S, but my mother owned a 57 Custom 300 back in 1958 and I

clusterbuster

Don't know how this site posts in the middle of typing but it did. I was about to say that I grew very fond of my mother's 57 Custom 300 4 door and that is why I bought one. I have not done a frame off, but very close to it, as I have been working on this Ford for about 18 months now. Will post pictures when I

Ecode70D

Quote from: clusterbuster on 2014-01-18 13:03
Don't know how this site posts in the middle of typing but it did. I was about to say that I grew very fond of my mother's 57 Custom 300 4 door and that is why I bought one. I have not done a frame off, but very close to it, as I have been working on this Ford for about 18 months now. Will post pictures when I

I can see why that would be a good reason for developing a fondness for a particular vehicle.
My car did not have a frame off and that's why I in my opening statement I called it a fixed up car.

57 Ford Kustom

Jay, I have one of those replacement nose pieces on mine also, I remember my Dad bought it at a flee market years ago because it didn't have the holes, less he had to fill I guess.
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

Ecode70D

Tim
    That's good to know. Too bad that I didn't realize it in the day when the dealerships were selling them.  They must have been very reasonable.  I can remember going into a Ford dealership and buying a brand new 406 cam for my 390 engine for $35.00. 
    Sorry but I never did find a 63 tail light in my collection of stuff.  Jay

57 Ford Kustom

I know what you mean jay, I think he gave 5 bucks for it in the late 80's!

RICH MUISE

'63 tailight? Are you changing your lenses, Tim?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57 Ford Kustom

Rich, I am going to run 63' fairlane tail lights. My Dad had those kustom spade ones in it. Just another step in making it my own.

RICH MUISE

I was going to tell you that's what I had in mine, but I don't..I just realized you said Fairlane, not Galaxie. I'm not sure what the Fairlanes look like....I'll have to do a search.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JPotter57

Jay, that looks so good.  Man, it makes me want to push aside all the side projects I have going on and get back after it.  Great job.  So jealous right now...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Ecode70D

I would like to thank all the guys on this site for your positive comments and support.  That's what makes this site the best one.  It has been a long rocky road.  The first few years I spent just buying parts and putting them away. I can remember when I just wanted to weld the panels  on . Then I wanted to just get it in primer and get it running. Then I waned to do the interior. Now I'm at the point where I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
     When you get frustrated with something, stop working on it and go do something else.  When you think about it and then get back to it, you will be surprised at how it goes together. 
     My advice it to stick with your project and try to do just a little bit whenever possible with respect to family and home obligations. 
      Don't be afraid to ask advice because this site is loaded with persons who have been there and done that and are willing to offer advice.    Jay

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2014-01-19 20:14
     I would like to thank all the guys on this site for your positive comments and support.  That's what makes this site the best one.  It has been a long rocky road.  The first few years I spent just buying parts and putting them away. I can remember when I just wanted to weld the panels  on . Then I wanted to just get it in primer and get it running. Then I waned to do the interior. Now I'm at the point where I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
     When you get frustrated with something, stop working on it and go do something else.  When you think about it and then get back to it, you will be surprised at how it goes together. 
     My advice it to stick with your project and try to do just a little bit whenever possible with respect to family and home obligations. 
      Don't be afraid to ask advice because this site is loaded with persons who have been there and done that and are willing to offer advice.    Jay

I am going to print this statement out and paste to my shop wall,
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com