News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

New Photo gallery to try out guys...

Started by JPotter57, 2008-01-06 21:59

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

Look at the top of the screen where the Home/Search/etc buttons are, and you should notice a new button, for Gallery.  Go to it, and try to add a couple pictures to it.  If this works out like I think it will, I will eliminate the troublesome Coppermine gallery.  This gallery is tied to this forum, so you wont need to register for it or anything, just post your pics.  Let me know if you like it, and if so, we can start moving the photos from the other gallery here, and get rid of the other.  Let me know how you like it.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

shopratwoody

Could'nt get a picture on the event portion to upload from photobucket. The method
seems to work usually.
thanks, Ron
I hate blocksanding!

JPotter57

This one you can upload directly from your machine and it will store here.  You wont need photobucket with this gallery, we host for you.  Try to upload directly from your machine.
Old, loud, and fast.

briney

It works great! I put a couple pictures up.

Thanks,

Patrick / Dallas   :unitedstates:
If it won't fit, force it.
If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

57AGIN

James:

Nice job on the new Gallery.  This is very much along the lines of what I was hoping could be done with views by all, but adding pictures requiring authorization.  I had no trouble adding the pictures, as it is essentially the same process as adding them to the discussion areas.  The only thing needing to be careful about is the picture dimensions.  My darn digital camera takes a picture requiring a considerable reduction (resizing) in order to post.

Bob
57AGIN

57AGIN

James:

I've just run into my first problem with the Photo Gallery.  I have attempted 6 times to put photos of my 57 into the Members Rides section of the Gallery.  Each time the picture goes into the Events section regardless of which section of the Gallery is specified as the destimation.  I had no problems earlier with adding pictures to the Events section, as long as I specified where the picture was supposed to go.  Weird!!!

Bob
57AGIN

JPotter57

I'll keep an eye on it, but I didnt see any pics of your car where it wasnt supposed to be...Comments are enabled also, so if you want to add comments to pics, the add comment button is at the bottom.
Old, loud, and fast.