News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Rick Wurth???????????????

Started by Amblewagon, 2008-01-07 16:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Amblewagon

I generally don't post looking for someone online,but I'm running out of ideas,and I'm hoping someone on this site knows how to get in touch with him.I know Rick has had some serious bad luck the last few years with his wife then his heart attack,and I've been super understanding so far.I don't want to start a negitve post but would like to get ahold of him.I bought a complete deluxe steering kit and tilt coulum and stainless steel shaft and joints and mounts hoses ect ect along with a front sway bar.Basiclly 1500.00 worth of parts this is going back 15 months.I did finally get the brackets and the rack,back in May,but the rest is paid in full.His web site is no longer up and no phone response,if anyone has any info I would appreciate it.
Thanks Joe

briney

Joe,

Its sounds pretty bad and very disappointing... I'm sorry to hear that.  I hope you and all the others that have made purchases get your merchandise. 

I wonder were that leaves everyone for support?   :102:

Let me know if you get in touch with him.

Patrick / Dallas, TX  :unitedstates:
If it won't fit, force it.
If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

wolfpupsdad

took me just about a year to finally get all my parts and pieces from mr. worth-it. he'd send a fewparts here and there until i foinally got feed up with the no answering of e-mailsphonecalls and registered letters, i finally turned it over to the BBB and i guess they lite a fire under him. he called me and we worked out all the missing parts and they were sent.
all i can tell ya , is to hang in there and keep tring, or contact the BBB and file a complant.

KidKourier

JOE,  I've also been trying to get in touch with Rick to order his rack &front sway bar I liked the idea of a bolt in system and that some of our members have said it was a good kit. one afternoon about lunch time(Pacific Std.) I dialed his number(970-434-7123) and was suprised that he picked-up,after several weeks of trying,also left several messages on his web site(agin no response).He said he was just returning from Denver with his wife after her surgery and some rehab work on her leg and hip. He said he was returning to the shop to try to fill his backorders and that it was only him because he couldn't afford help because of the medical expenses and time away from the shop due to their medical appointments! I would have thought he would have up dated his website with an explanation,a working time line,or if he's going out of business and plan to fill his current orders or give back the money! While talking            to Rick he gave me an alternitive site(Ranchwagon@Bresnan.net) I think this is his personal site? I hope this helps,keep us posted on your quest, I don't want to wait a year for my order,or even place one if this is the way his Company does  business. Skip

KidKourier

Don't bother going to Ranchwagon@Bresnan.net, it's also gone from site. I don't understand why a Business would intentionally mislead its customers and leave them hanging in the breeze without  informing them  especilly after so many have supported him in his endeavor! anybody having any info on this,please post! To the rest,good luck on your orders or returned payment.Now I will start looking for other alternatives for a rack for the Courier, any suggestions? SKIP

Amblewagon

I'm thinking I might be SOL!! Does anyone know if my credit card company would do anything given the long amount of time??I didn't want to be a jerk to Rick and threaten him,because of the the bad time he had been having.But now I'm feeling like I was just strung along,I kept getting promise after promise and all he had to do is call the companys and get my parts shipped direct.All I recived was a remanufactured rack and some brackets,I'm out alot of cash.I never had to deal with the BBB but I think I'm going to have to.
Joe

KidKourier

Just a thought,  the guy that runs Drop'm & Stop'm brakes was a referral from Rick Wurth ,perhaps he has a number or web address for Rick that may still be good or have information on Rick's situation. Agin,this may be an avenue to persue for info and I believe there was talk on this site, maybe in the brake area,on Drop,s web connection. Skip

Amblewagon

Thats a great idea I did buy some stuff there too.Thanks
Joe

clubsedan

I too am in the same boat.  I ordered a rack and pinion kit in November of 2006 and only received the rack and brackets in May of 2007, but have not received any parts since (even though my credit card was charged the full amount before any of the parts shipped).  I know of all of the problems he had with his wife and of is heart attack.  I was sympathetic and let him string me along for a year :dumbass:, but I finally contacted the Better Business Bureau last week.  I haven't heard anything yet.  I feel very sorry for Rick, but believe he should not have charged my credit card in full until all of the parts were shipped.  I've given him plenty of opportunity to honor the transaction, if he had any intention of doing so, he would have done it by now or refunded my money.  Wes

DT 57

Hello everyone out there. I too ordered rack and pinion steering, sway bars and steering column in September of 2007. I was charged and paid in the full the amount of $2500. I have not received any of my order. I too have tried reaching Rick via phone and email, with no reply. I too understood he was having some medical issues with his wife and then himself. I became very alarmed this weekend when his website disappeared. After reading all of your emails today I have contacted my credit card company (VISA) and they are putting through a dispute and they will be contacting Rich's bank. Luckily it is within the 120 days that Visa will make it good. I hate to do this, but I cannot afford to loose $2500!
Good luck to the rest of you hanging out there.

DT57

JPotter57

I am sorry to hear all of this guys.  I know a lot of people had bought stuff from him, and I thought him to be a pretty up-front guy.  In fact, Legendary Fords, and Rod & Custom did pieces on his stuff, so I figured he was legit.  I guess all of us get bit once in a while.  Luckily, I dont have that kind of money to throw around, so I wouldnt have bought any of it.  I am one of those knuckle draggers who have to do everything themselves, or make do with what Henry provided, lol.  Keep at it, you may be able to get it resolved.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Amblewagon

His web site seems to be working again,geuess I'll keep trying.

wolfpupsdad

thatsall ya really can do is keep tring. i would how ever report it to the BBB and get them involved , it was afterthat point that i recieved the bulk of my kit.
problems or ot, thats not the way to take care of business in my book. customers need to know whats going on with the product they have purchased.
if ya read the BBB reports on him you'll see this aint anything new , and no one has gott'n stiffed from him , just takes forever to get your kits. good luck. bill

Frankenstein57

I guess the old saying about having good health really holds true here, his parts and projects look first rate. Lets hope he can pull it together. The post who was looking to buy a rack & pinion, Dearborn Classics offers a system- looks alot like ricks  good luck, Mark

dav

Just wondering all of you that have been doing business with Mr. Wurth have his address RIGHT?.  There must be someone from 57fordsforever that may live near him maybe they could take a drive to his home and then just maybe we will all find out what is going on with the bussiness. Im not trying to be a smart A  just trying to help everyone out.