News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

390 Fuel pump problem

Started by jdlafayette, 2014-02-02 13:34

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

Is this a new pump or an old one that someone may have installed wrong and tweaked the arm? Do you have another to compare it to or take it to the auto parts store and compare it?
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

jdlafayette

I bought the pump new a couple of years ago online. I think it's a carter. It has the canister filter on it and I remember it said made in USA on it. I had a couple of FE's apart at the same time but threw away all the old junk and don't think I compared them. I bought this car in '81 and sold it in '87 to my cousin who let it go to hell. I bought it back in '07 and have been trying to put it back in one piece. I have not been able to stay on it all the time so stuff has gotten lost or thrown away. I think maybe the pump is defective because the cam was tight and looks correct. Didn't mean to add my life story to this. Thanks, John

jdlafayette

Going to order a new "new" pump and gaskets and try it maybe this weekend. Thanks Guys, John

jdlafayette

Put the front cover on with a new local parts store pump. The pump was all they listed and doesn't have the canister filter on it. I have fuel pumping now , but other issues. I have a Summit type aftermarket fuel filter that looks like the kind Ford used on the dual quads. I am running a Offenhauser dual quad with Holleys. The filter leaks like crazy and the front carb needle must be stuck closed and not letting fuel in. But a least I found out that my new pump was junk out of the box!   Take care, John