News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

streetrodder magazine

Started by 57chero, 2014-02-10 22:14

Previous topic - Next topic

57chero

Chopped black and red 57 ranchero in the March issue of streetrodder magazine.

electricalan

Cool I will check it out thanks
Returning from a long hibernation!!!

rmk57

Don't really like the chopped chop top on the Ranchero, or any 57 for that matter. The roof line low enough from the factory.

Each to his own I guess.

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Limey57

Personally I wouldn't chop the top of a 57, I've always been of the school of thought that a roof-chop should be done to improve the lines IF necessary, rather than to make the car look radical, but that's just my own opinion.

Having said that I have mucho respect for anyone that chops the top on a car with a wrap-round windshield, they must be so difficult to get right.  I remember seeing a 1960 Chevy that had been chopped and the windshield appeared to have been cut down with a chisel then held in place with clear silicone sealant.......
Gary

1957 Ranchero

electricalan

I am in full agreement, they look better stock.They already look like they are on the down low for a truck.That stereo stuck in the middle of the stock trim looks awful.I dont see a gas filler door he must have stuck it in the bed.I am thinking I might get rid of mine too.It really has bad gaps.
Returning from a long hibernation!!!

Zapato

Quote from: rmk57 on 2014-02-12 16:41
Each to his own I guess.

Perfect statement to quote.

My feeling is his car only has to please him, and if it does that then he's been successful. When looking over anyone's build we can always wonder why something was done or tell ourselves ''wouldn't have done it that way''. And we all probably do a bit of that.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

Right on, but I wonder how many times we also get into the "wish I hadn't done it that way", and have to live with it, at least for a while....I know I've got a few of those on my car.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

jumping jack flash

Chopping the top ....Now that puts you in a different class. It says that you are THAT talented...or not. Like Limey said , I too have seen a few butcher jobs, but also some that looked so good , that it looked almost factory. The glass is the hard part for most, as it involves setting the glass on fire, kinda sorta.Not for the faint at heart. I think I'll just be glad to do my fender wells, and the top is too clean to cut up on this one. Not the fender well on the driver side though.

jumping jack flash

Was in Corpus Christi today and went to Barnes and Nobles books. I was looking for the copy of Streetrodder that has the ranchero. They had , pizza, chocolates, and a huge assortment of cafienated drinks. No streetrodder mags. Next time I'm hungry..... But it'll be byob. (bring your own book).