News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

weather

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2014-02-16 17:33

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

i don't know about the rest of u guys,  but i'm getting a little tired of this weather,  and the wife was saying that this might be a thing of the future,  and yes,  i'm getting a little depressed,  bored,  to cold to work on the car,  and nice weather is supposet to be 90 days away

JPotter57

65 and sunny down here in Mississippi today...I think old man winter has flown the coop.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

GaryI72

I agree. Just put one foot in front of the other. January's done and Feb's half over. I think I'll appreciate spring and summer a little bit more this year and won't complain as much about weeding. :001:

hiball3985

Funny you should mention that. I weent out to pick some oranges and got caught up on the weeding which isn't bad this year due to a lack of moisture..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

sprink88

yeah, we are supposed to get another 4-8 inches tonight
~Chris

57AGIN

Gee Guys, it is just another day in weather paradise here in So Cal, 70 degrees all week until this Sat. when it goes up to 80.  I sure don't know what is going on with the weather, aren't we supposed to be under going global warming in more than just Southern California.  We are in the middle of our greatest drought in recent history and most of the rest of the country is having record rain or snow. What's up with this?   Pretty soon the Gov. & Pres. are going to ration water out here to the point we won't be able to wash our cars, let alone water the lawns.

Bob
57 AGIN

Zapato

well if it wasn't for William Mulholland you wouldn't even think of having a lawn or washing your car.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

57AGIN

Zapato:

You are so correct.  Do you remember the movie China Town, staring Jack Nicolson.  It did a pretty good job of describing the bringing of water to LA from Northern California & eventually the Colorado River.  LA would be a pretty desolate dry area if it wasn't for some people like that wanting to get filthy rich.

Bob
57 AGIN

hiball3985

Quote from: Zapato on 2014-02-18 00:34
well if it wasn't for William Mulholland you wouldn't even think of having a lawn or washing your car.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Mullholland was the chief engineer for the dept of water and power that built the St. Francis dam that failed and killed 600 people. A swell guy  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2014-02-16 20:20
Funny you should mention that. I went out to pick some oranges and got caught up on the weeding which isn't bad this year due to a lack of moisture..

Picking oranges?? 
Jim......   What are you talking about?    I always thought,  the only way we get those things is at the super market.  Do you mean that there is another way to get them? 
Jay

hiball3985

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2014-02-18 16:25
Picking oranges?? 
Jim......   What are you talking about?    I always thought,  the only way we get those things is at the super market.  Do you mean that there is another way to get them? 
Jay
Jay, don't go to the super market, I'll load up the Ranchero and bring you some. Would you like grapefruit too  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

sprink88

gotta drve by me on your way to Jay, and drop some off
~Chris

hiball3985

Quote from: sprink88 on 2014-02-18 17:20
gotta drve by me on your way to Jay, and drop some off
No problem. It may be frozen orange juice by the time I get there.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

I'll take the oranges and the grapefruit.  Stop by Sprink's place and give him some too.  We don't have to worry about them going bad because the back of the Rancharrow  will be packed with snow by the time you go your first 100  miles..   This will be a good test drive for your new heater.
   After you drop off the fruit, we'll install posi traction in your car to help you manage the snow on the way back over the Rockies.
    You might have to take me back with you to get me out of this snow.

hiball3985

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2014-02-18 20:25
   I'll take the oranges and the grapefruit.  Stop by Sprink's place and give him some too.  We don't have to worry about them going bad because the back of the Rancharrow  will be packed with snow by the time you go your first 100  miles..   This will be a good test drive for your new heater.
   After you drop off the fruit, we'll install posi traction in your car to help you manage the snow on the way back over the Rockies.
    You might have to take me back with you to get me out of this snow.
The heater got a good test this morning when I went out it was only 60 degrees  :003:.
Posi sounds good, I should be there soon..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang