News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Rear brake drum question.

Started by hotroddonnie, 2014-04-08 19:12

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

Quote from: jumping jack flash on 2014-04-09 21:33
HRD, try Kanter Auto Products. Their latest catalog list the 1957 drums as new production, and 57-59 as "all". this suggest that the drums are the same , but I know the wagon and ranchero have wider shoes, and a larger bearing. That means the housing is different to be able to house the bearing. ...Cost of the drums at Kanters is $99.00 each.
Looking at the online catalog it list two separate drums and part# for cars and Ranchero/wagons. Both at $119 each.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

Donnie
      It was a real pleasure talking to you on the phone last night.
      Did you get a chance to check out the drums that we were talking about?
      When you do , let us know how they matched up to your old ones and if you were able to get them or not.
Jay

hotroddonnie

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2014-04-10 15:59
Donnie
      It was a real pleasure talking to you on the phone last night.
      Did you get a chance to check out the drums that we were talking about?
      When you do , let us know how they matched up to your old ones and if you were able to get them or not.
Jay
Same here Jay, and I'm still waiting for the fella to call me, said he will call as soon as he digs them out. Went on that Kanter site that was recommended by a fellow poster, but they don't have pics or measurements, need that before I will order, maybe if I get time I will call them. HRD

RICH MUISE

Donnie..found this at www.classicautoparts.com They list drums for both the wagon and cars.
http://www.classicautopartsonlinecatalog.com/app.php?BookCode=fsz10flx

the link isn't bringing you to the correct page..it's on page 43 :002:

I hate the way their catalog is laid out..too easy to order the wrong part because the descriptions are hard to tell if they are for the pn above it or below it....use caution.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hotroddonnie

Well I went on that web site Rich and not being able to get measurements from the catalogue, I'm hopeful that they have the ones I need :001: The number on my brake drum is AJ 1126 and the number they have is 5BA 1126, makes me think that the fact that they both have the number 1126 seems hopeful! Thanks I will take their number to work and call for measurements. I will still look local for a bit, only reason is, it'll cost a bit by the time I pay for them and the shipping, I can see near 500 bucks. HRD 

Ecode70D

Good morning Donnie

It's my opinion that the key to these numbers is in the prefix like AJ or 5BA and that the suffix 1126 just means brake drum.

Someone please correct me if I am incorrect.   Jay

RICH MUISE

Donnie....hold on.....you need to look again at the part number.....thank you however for making my point that the way the catalog is laid out makes it difficult to figure out what to order...the '57 drums are the ones that start with, as most all '57 parts, B7A
The pn is below the description. I believe the passesnger car is B7A-1126-A, and the wagon is B7A-1126-B if I read their catalog correctly.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hotroddonnie

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2014-04-11 07:48
Good morning Donnie

It's my opinion that the key to these numbers is in the prefix like AJ or 5BA and that the suffix 1126 just means brake drum.

Someone please correct me if I am incorrect.   Jay
That makes sense but the fact that the number 1126 is in play makes me think that my rear end maybe original. I can be proven wrong go ahead. HRD

hotroddonnie

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-04-11 08:00
Donnie....hold on.....you need to look again at the part number.....thank you however for making my point that the way the catalog is laid out makes it difficult to figure out what to order...the '57 drums are the ones that start with, as most all '57 parts, B7A
The pn is below the description. I believe the passesnger car is B7A-1126-A, and the wagon is B7A-1126-B if I read their catalog correctly.
Rich I'm holdin on, I'm not movin, I'm not breathin, I'm checkin before I do any shippin that's what I'm doin no foolin! HRD.

fordaholic

Hey Donnie: Hang on. Patience is a virtue. Do you really need new? I just dropped in to look around, and see you have a delema. I have a mint pair of used drums that I cleaned up, but decided to go another route. They were original to my 70D. If you want to try them or buy them I can beat the hell out of the 500.00 route you were about to go. I won`t ever need them. Just like the old dog. I would like to see them go to a good home. If you remember I am 45 min. from your door.    If you want to email me . estaterc@sympatico.ca        Cheers  Gary

Ecode70D

Donnie
     You better jump into your car and go  pay Gary a visit before Jeff gets them.  Take your old ones with you so you can match them up. 
Jay

hotroddonnie

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2014-04-11 22:07
Donnie
     You better jump into your car and go  pay Gary a visit before Jeff gets them.  Take your old ones with you so you can match them up. 
Jay
Jeff wouldn't dare! or would she?

hotroddonnie

Quote from: fordaholic on 2014-04-11 20:35
    Hey Donnie: Hang on. Patience is a virtue. Do you really need new? I just dropped in to look around, and see you have a delema. I have a mint pair of used drums that I cleaned up, but decided to go another route. They were original to my 70D. If you want to try them or buy them I can beat the hell out of the 500.00 route you were about to go. I won`t ever need them. Just like the old dog. I would like to see them go to a good home. If you remember I am 45 min. from your door.    If you want to email me . estaterc@sympatico.ca        Cheers  Gary
Email sent Gary thanks.

Ecode70D

hotroddonnie

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2014-04-12 05:05
Wanna bet?
There's no way my friend would do such a thing :voodoo: we've been friends for a while now! :occasion14: I guess anything's possible :017: Wow now that I've had time to think about it, I've been kicked in the balls before :nutkick: Maybe he'll get on here and defend himself like a man! :argue: