News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Dave's Town Vict

Started by AreyD70, 2021-02-14 09:26

Previous topic - Next topic

AreyD70

Here are some pics of my Town Vic. My grandfather bought it new and had it until my dad bought it from him in 1986. It had 18000 miles on it when he bought it. My grandfather stopped driving it in 1974 and it sat in his garage for all those years. My dad restored it and has maintained it since then. But as he got older he wasn?t able to keep up with it. So he gave it to me in 2019. I have done some work to it since I have it. I'm very proud to own it, and I hope to enjoy it for a long time.

RICH MUISE

Wow, I'd have a smile on my face ear to ear with that beauty! It is so neat to have one that is been in the family all these years. Welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing those pics with us!
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

That is too nice!  Really nice!  Welcome to the greatest board in the net!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

djfordmanjack

Very rare model and looking great ! Terrific story about being a family owned car ! Welcome and enjoy !

hiball3985

Welcome. Very nice car. What windshield wiper motor are you using? And the radiator, I've never seen that type.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

abe_lugo

same, same, very nice cars, It is Red Hot, nice color!

Same question that radiator looks low in the fille spot, I'd like to know the brand. Also how close is that fan???
good job keeping it in the family.
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

hiball3985

The radiator doesn't look like the typical replacement type. It's mounted rearward and then a short fan spacer is used. The overflow points forward and the outlet at the bottom has a curve in it.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

AreyD70

Sorry for not replying sooner to answer your questions. The wiper motor is an aftermarket electric model, made for the 57s. My dad installed it 30 years ago. It is made by Vintage Inc. model B7A-17508-HD12. I don't know if they are still made. As for the radiator. That is an aftermarket universal high performance type. I don't know the brand. My dad went through two reproduction radiators before installing this one. The engine ran too hot for them he said. He had to fabricate the steel brackets to mount it to the frame. But it works great. I doesn't have a drain cock. so I modified the lower hose and installed an inline aluminum adapter with a drain cock so it's much easier to drain the coolant.