News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Ranchero rear bumper question...

Started by Zapato, 2014-04-17 00:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapato

was killing time between squalls and decided to do a Google image search of our favorite subject. 57 Ford customs and as usually happens one caught my eye so went to the page. The write-up mentioned the owner used a Ranchero rear bumper as its thinner. Never heard this before, and this was on a custom not a Fairlane which is definitely larger and heavier looking. So is the Ranchero (and guessing the wagon) bumper different than the others. The over riders I'm pretty sure are different but now not sure on them either.

Zap- :unitedstates:

HRD you got that kitchen painted yet ?
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Ecode70D

I robbed this rear bumper off of my Ranchero.  Only difference was better chrome than my old bumper and a few extra  holes.   

Zapato

Zapato

RICH MUISE

Overriders..lol..I guess it's the input from the English guys filtering in, but that is a cool term. I believe they are different on the ranchero and wagon (the guards)to allow the tailgate to come down.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

The Ranchero/wagon "Overriders"  :003:, have the license plate lights. The two extra holes in the center of the bumber are for the license plate bracket.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Zapato

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-04-17 08:42
Overriders..lol..I guess it's the input from the English guys filtering in, but that is a cool term.

That an owning an MGB and going thru those manuals and catalogs does tend to add to one's vocabulary.

Zapato

electricalan

I got a quote from a vendor at portland swapmeet for an exchange on front and rear bumpers and guards/overriders.I now wonder if they know the differences.
Returning from a long hibernation!!!

Zapato

Am wondering if the guy's car had a Fairlane bumper on it, lot of time to 1957 to give several owners to make changes.

Zapato