News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

New member intro

Started by Lucky'57, 2014-05-10 02:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky'57

Good morning Sirs,

Just a short note to introduce myself, my name is Ron and I am from Edmonton, Alberta. I will be turning 57 this summer (born in 57) and have just purchased the car I have always wanted, a 57 Fairlane Club Victoria HT (C7DV200679 - 63AGEJ10F32). The car rolled off the Dallas line on June 10th and I hit the floor on June 27th so we almost have matching numbers 

I have had a chance to read through many of you all's posts and am amazed by how much experience and expertise you all have. What a great resource. I have no plans of ever selling this car, it will be my weekend driver (for all of the three or four months of goldang summer we get up here), but I do have plans to make it better, faster, and a little more powerful without going overboard too much. I know that when anything reaches 57 you kind of gotta not push 'em too hard. I don't need it to be as good as it once was, just be as good once as it ever was...

You may have seen this car around before; I bought it in Indianapolis from a fella who got it out of Florida in 2011. I look forward to doing the right thing by this car and this forum.

Best regards - RonA

Note: The last picture, I pasted an old plate I have onto the pic.
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

hotroddonnie

Welcome Ron nice car. This site is a great connection for info, parts and friends. Every one on this sites a hero ....even me once in a while. HRD

Jeff Norwell

Welcome Ron,This is a great site.My car came from Dallas as well.Great folks and info on here.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

RICH MUISE

Great looking car. I really like the color. That's really cool...having a '57 built 57 years ago when you're 57! I have a friend here in Texas who was into '57's all his life...wanted to own 57 1957 Fords on his '57th birthday(25 or so years ago)...had to buy 3 more that year to make it happen.
Welcome to the forum. LOL..if there's anything you can help us with, let us know! Word to the wise...be leary of those two Canadians ^^^.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

Welcome! And that was some sound advise Rich gave.lol.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Jeff Norwell

I am sure Ron already hates us,were from Ontario,ya know The centre of the Universe. HA HA
Well,HRD is not centre on anything..
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

57 Ford Kustom

Welcome Ron!
   It looks like 57' is your lucky number!
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

sprink88

Welcome Ron. I like that color of red on your car. Nice looking.
~Chris

Lucky'57

Thanks for the welcome Fellas !

I will be keeping my eye on those Canadians for sure Rich, might need some advice on how to hook up that heater... Yes Sir, I do believe this will be my lucky year.

RonA
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

Zapato

Quote from: Jeff Norwell on 2014-05-10 08:39

Well,HRD is not centre on anything..

Well, he is a legend in his own...............

do have to love the guy though.
Zapato

canadian_ranchero

nice car, i live just outside of edmonton,if you see a red/white 57 wagon it will be me

RICH MUISE

And if he does see you, Gary....is your car gonna have a six or an eight in it? Have you decided yet?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

canadian_ranchero

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-05-10 14:38
And if he does see you, Gary....is your car gonna have a six or an eight in it? Have you decided yet?
the six runs good,think i will drive it the way it is.i do have all the parts to put a 4.6 in it,mmmmm?

Lucky'57

Quote from: sprink88 on 2014-05-10 09:21
Welcome Ron. I like that color of red on your car. Nice looking.

Thanks, the previous owner put a lot of effort in the interior as well.

Zapato

Oh my............. am speechless

Zapato