News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Five Years (+10) and counting

Started by gasman826, 2014-05-20 19:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

Sorry if I brought up something that had already been covered.  For personal reasons, these days I do not get the opportunity to look at the computer or play with my cars as often as I was able to do in the past years.  The last  I read was that  Gary's car was  in the upholstery shop.  The shop keeper was ill and someone did not want to return his car.

mustang6984

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2020-05-19 17:37

Sorry if I brought up something that had already been covered.  For personal reasons, these days I do not get the opportunity to look at the computer or play with my cars as often as I was able to do in the past years.  The last  I read was that  Gary's car was that it was in the upholstery shop.  The shop keeper was ill and someone did not want to return his car.

:006:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

Just read through this whole thread, two things; Gary's car is phucking beautiful, second, wow! what a roller coaster ride. Glad to see it it came to a somewhat happy ending.   :thumbsup:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

gasman826

Ride Tech's Ride PRO with height sensors going in...well kinda'.  Waiting for parts!

gasman826

Interior together and functioning.  Ready to go to another upholstery shop.  Waiting for the next time slot!

gasman826

Talk about your one step forward and two or more backward...new pulleys, new clutch fan, refreshed fan blade, modified the custom core support to install the biggest Griffin universal radiator, modified the shroud, new hoses, new, bigger AC condensor, new AC receiver dryer, AC lines hooked up and vacuum pulled, added coolant, distilled water and coolant additive.  Just for the heck of it,  I pressurized the cooling system.  The next morning, one tiny drop on the floor.  Even though the cooling system hasn't been used in over ten years, corrosion has still been working on the nearly 50 year old timing chain cover.  Tore it all back apart and ordered new, timing cover, new dipstick tube, new water pump steel plate and gaskets.  Again...waiting for parts!

RICH MUISE

Interior looks awesome, Gary. Can't be too much left?
Worth saying again...........it's just an overall awesome over-the-top build. Bet your smiling alot being able to work on it again, and in your new shop!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

gasman826

Thanks for your thoughts.  Pictures are worth more than a 1000 words but pictures can lie like a dog.  I was careful NOT to show the unfinished left door card, rear seat and carpet.  I took a couple of pictures while setting in the back seat.  Sometimes I just stare at it and have to crack the whip to get back to work.  Parts delivery is getting to be a problem.  I called RideTech to follow up on a order that is three weeks over due.  I could have driven there and back in an afternoon.

mustang6984

I learned a long time ago that any place I can drive to in order to get my parts is going to be cheaper, faster and more reliable. I have driven to Portland OR to get parts before because I could do it cheaper than the shipping, and twice as fast.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ford Blue blood

I too look at shipping with respect to cost, time and timing when deciding.  Leaving this morning to deliver the bumpers for chrome.  No idea what shipping is but the place is only 2 1/2 hours away.  With gas the price it is no way would shipping work.....that and I'm retired!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

And sometimes all you need as an excuse for a long roadtrip is a $20 part!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2020-06-10 07:22
And sometimes all you need as an excuse for a long roadtrip is a $20 part!

AMEN!!! Freedom of the road is oh so enjoyable!   :burnout:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

gasman826

Back together and moving forward again.  New timing chain cover, new water pump plate, new dipstick tube, new upturned thermostat housing, new hoses, new Griffin radiator, new condenser, new receiver dryer, new AC hard lines, new clutch fan hub, newly modified fan shroud and newly revamped core support.  AC holding 30".

gasman826

With a little spare time, installed the front two ride height sensors for the automatic air bag system.

gasman826

...finished up the rear air ride sensors, solenoids, pump and tank.