News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Five Years (+10) and counting

Started by gasman826, 2014-05-20 19:20

Previous topic - Next topic

gasman826

Finished exhaust.  I need to remove the headers to finish weld and send them out for ceramic power coating and polish.

RICH MUISE

Looking good, Gary. It's a project coming up real quick for me as well, so I appreciate the timing of your pics.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Lucky'57

Wow. You are some kind of fabricator. That stuff looks awesome. Is there any reason why the cutouts are spotted so far back? I thought they would have been "lest restricted" closer to the elbow. Anyway, You The man. :)
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

gasman826

Thanks!  Maybe a better picture of why the cutouts are so far back.

Lucky'57

Oh, I see what you did there. My mistake. First Class.
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

gasman826

Updated the rear view mirror and installed the windshield garnish moldings.  The mirror is a '60 Thunderbird repop.  If you have the upper ball mirror mount style, this is a bolt-in.  '60 Thunderbird mirrors are few and far between.  If you find one, the chrome or mirror or both will be bad.  Others have found other solutions.  This was the only one I found with day/nite feature and was a bolt-in.

RICH MUISE

Looks good, Gary. This is the first time I've noticed the Ball joint style...was that oem? Mine had the ball at the back of the mirror. Are we looking at another '57 some had this, some had that?

gasman826

YEP!  I took it out of a '57 Custom that I was cutting up for parts.  It screwed into the header using the same screws in the same holes.
I would have made an adapter for the other style.

gasman826

Dash is almost ready to go in.  Still plugging along on the wiring.

RICH MUISE

Nice nice nice. I like the "Custom" touch. Did you redo the chrome and vinyl, or was it in that good of shape? Looks all new...old, but new.

gasman826

Upholstered, painted, rebuilt, buffed the stainless, some restored and chromed, some chrome is 'five footers' for now.  I'll remove and chrome next winter.  Picture is where the dash started.

lalessi1

Gary, that dash is true automotive art from concept to execution. If I had a hat I would tip it to you sir! Simply stunning.
Lynn

RICH MUISE

Agreed...that's outstanding.

Zapato

As Tony the Tiger used to say "it's GREAAAAAAAAAT !"

Zapato  :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

billd5string

That is really cool! Very nice work!
1957 Ford Del Rio