News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Polo shirt w/profile of '57 Fairlane

Started by ROKuberski, 2014-06-18 18:07

Previous topic - Next topic

junior58

As a suggestion so as not to offend the specific model owners, for a 57fordsforever shirt, you could do a straight on frontal shot so that you don't see what the rear of the car, truck or wagon is. Or you could do a 3/4 side on from the "A" pillar forward (like poking out of a shed for example), also so that you don't see the make up of the rear.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

ROKuberski

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-06-22 07:52
I googled also, the only places I found were apparently just doing the logos on/over the pockets in the front..couldn't find any doing, or even showing, a full size back of shirt embroidery....

Rich,

What I am looking for is just a small profile of the car that would be maybe 3" long on the left breast.  Something that would cover the back of a shirt might be cheap for a screen print, but cost a chunk for embroidery. 

Rich

Jeff Norwell

I have a few scribbles on a shirt design for this site.
I have some very good affordable Screenprinters.I am very good friends with Andy's Tees.I also use Ken Brock from Rodtees out of N.C.
I can get a shirt around $4.50-$5.00 1 colour ? minimum 75-100 shirts.
My issue is can we sell that many here?
Can We?
We all love 57 Fords.But i believe we also all like a diverse section of that model.The 57 Ford forever logo is beautiful.But the cost of separations,screens and printing would be very spendy.

And, for the cost of S+H,Delivery,hidden costs, What is this group willing to pay?
$15?---$20
My costs would be zero.I would do it cause I love this place.

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

sprink88

I like the idea Jeff. But the single color is a bummer. These guys are polo guys, and I would lean to embroidery on a polo. I am more of a t shirt and screen print kinda guy.
~Chris

Frankenstein57

I say if Jeff Norwell  wants to design a shirt for our group, I'm IN! I usually were a polo or button down shirt when out and about.  Mark

RICH MUISE

Well, I guess we did a pretty good job of hijacking Rich's embroidery thread...sorry about that, Rich.
For what my opinions worth...I think we have two seperate entities going on here that need to be seperated. The neat thing about what Rich was looking for appears to me to have the big advantage of being ordered individually. If we can find a few members to chip in on the up front costs of the embroidery design(s), it appears individuals can then order whatever they want, whenever they want directly from the embroiderer. The question I have at this point on the embroidered shirt is if it is tied into the '57 forum with text or logo.

The second issue, obviously, is the oportunity to have not only a '57 Fordsforever shirt, but one designed by Jeff. That's a real biggie in my book. I don't think the 15-20 per shirt would be a problem. This is a whole different ball game however. Lots of decisions have to be made here...probably from input from the guys as to their preferences on a shirt style. It would be nice to know the cost differences in different shirt styles as well. Actually, I'm not a real big Polo guy, I prefer a good quality Henley (buttons) pocketed tee, but that's just an opinion, I'll take whatever is decided on.
There will be large upfront costs that we'll need to figure a way to cover. That 75-100 shirt minimum that Jeff mentioned will have to be paid for up front. As far as how many screening colors...I'd like to have an idea of the cost differences, but also we need to keep in mind that Jeff is a very busy guy and his preference may be for a single color. I'm sure whichever way it goes he needs to know what the final process is going to be so he can do the artwork accordingly...but once again, if Jeff is even considering that multicolor option. Personally, I'll be tickled to death with whatever Jeff decides and I think it should be his decision.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

An added thought...just to avoid this screen printing becoming a can of worms, ideally it would be great for one guy to step up and cover the (500?) costs of the printing and to handle the selling/shipping. This of course has the risks of losing some $ if all the shirts don't sell, and alot of time. Any profits could be sent to James for other forum costs. I don't know what shipping the shirts to who ever is doing that would cost...I've never shipped 100 shirts!, and I'm not sure what Jeff was refering to with the "other hidden costs".
With that said, most of you guys know I'm retired and trying to get my car finished on retirement income. I do have my Jeep for sale though, and if I can sell it I may be able to come up with the upfront money. I'll want to check with the wife of course, but I don't think she'll mind.
I've never been involved with anything like this before, so maybe I'm making more of it than needed.

Jeff Norwell

I apologize for muddying up the waters.
My words were meant and directed to t-SHIRTS,not a polo or button Down shirt,Embroidery is definitely the way to go on that.
I was speaking on the joe lunch pail t shirt I wear daily! hahaha
Anyhow,I have contacts for Embroidery too as well as many others here.
Rich,,Thank you for the very nice words.The hidden costs i speak of are sometimes there are screen set up fees,shipping fees,screens themselves, this depends on your screener ,and or embroidery person.
I do know that there is an embroidery "tape" fee and sometimes On multi colours you get hit with these fees.Sometimes yes,sometimes no.
Just ask up front and get a written quote.
Anyhow,I will just get back to scribbling here.

Jeff Norwell

ROKuberski

I've finally made contact with the guy that will create the computer file for the sewing machine and the person that will actually do the sewing.  I've asked them to provide pricing, which I should have in a few days.

My gut feel is that there are not a lot of people interested in these shirts.  However, if the prices are still near what they were a few years ago, it may only take a dozen or so guys to chip in an extra $5 for the computer file.  The rest of the costs will be to buy a shirt and do the embroidery work.  When I got my shirt before, I sent her my shirt and she did the sewing.  For me, no postage.  She did provide a website where you could buy shirts that she can get and then do the work on them and send them to you directly.  I am not interested in doing what Rich Muise is suggesting.  I don't want to go into the shirt business.

One other thing to consider, once a computer file is created, anyone with the right kind of machine can use it.  It does not have to be done in Denver.

Rich

RICH MUISE

I guess my trying to unmuddy the waters apparently complicated it. What I said was the embroidery looked like it would be a one at a time thing with each member purchasing directly from the embroiderer. Maybe you didn't see that post, Rich....reply #21. I wasn't suggesting  anybody "got into the shirt business", just stating I may be in a position to simpify the logistics of the more complicated screening/large commitement, and seperate the screening project that never should have been intermingled with your ebroidery querry.
I did talk to a screening guy here who doesn't do embroidery, but a family member does. His estimate for a large embroidered image on the back of a shirt could be easily in the $100-150+ for the ebroidery only per shirt. I didn't persue that any further. It'll be interesting to see what your source offers.

ROKuberski

Okay, I finally got preliminary pricing.  The guy that makes the computer file wants about $150.  He says it will cost more because of the added detail on the design.  He will have to make one, stich it on a sample, them examine the result and make corrections.  He thinks he will have to do this several times.

To actually stitch the final product on a shirt will be in the $8 - $10 range. 

What I haven't been paying attention to was the link to several places that will make a shirt much cheaper.  If you up load your own picture, the minimum number of shirts is only 6. 

I started an experiment to see what my photo would look like.  There will be no shading and there will be a loss of detail.  This is just an experiment and is incomplete, but will give an idea.

Rich

ROKuberski

Yesterday, I got a call from the person that I has asked for pricing.  I had previously send her a picture of the car.  Well, she found someone to create a file for $15 and went ahead and got it done.  Today, I went and had her make two shirts for me.

The charge was $10/shirt for the embroidery work.  Her contact information is:
Judy Houser  303-771-3577
email jhpembroidery@yahoo.com

Contact her directly if you are interested.  She can change the colors to make most any two tone or solid color car and she can sell you a shirt.  She has a website that you can go to make a selection.  She will add the text of your choice.  Ask her any questions that you may have. 

Rich

Frankenstein57

Cool shirt Rich, and you can't beat the price