News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Edsel Ranchero

Started by Limey57, 2014-08-03 15:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Limey57

Just noticed this for sale over here:  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1957-Edsel-Ford-Ranchero-/141364377449?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item20e9f93769

Seem to recall seeing it somewhere before (maybe on here?), didn't realise it had found a buyer here.  Tempting but I'll leave my wallet out of reach!!
Gary

1957 Ranchero

rmk57

Nice job on that one. It even has the wagon tail lights , just missing the correct tail light filler panel.

To make it totally correct you should use the rarer than rare Roundup trim.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

VwDrvFnd

That is nicely done! i wonder what the center console comes out of?
I have a rust hole in my passanger side inner fender well, It's 58 years old what do you expect?

hotroddonnie

I love it. How rare would that be, I sure don't remember seeing one before. HRD

Frankenstein57

I've been looking at lots of consoles for my 57 project, that one looks similar to a 65-66 galaxie.

JPotter57

Donnie, someone just put the 58 Edsel front end on it, there were no factory produced Edsel Rancheros.  I don't remember the model, I think Ranger, that was based on the 57-58 hardtop body, and there were some station wagons.  this is where the taillight and trim pieces came from.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

hotroddonnie

Quote from: JPotter57 on 2014-08-03 19:37
Donnie, someone just put the 58 Edsel front end on it, there were no factory produced Edsel Rancheros.  I don't remember the model, I think Ranger, that was based on the 57-58 hardtop body, and there were some station wagons.  this is where the taillight and trim pieces came from.
Okay then that makes sense, well I sure think its looks cool, I did wonder a bit when I looked at the dash pictures, thinking that it looked the same as mine. Thanks. HRD

hotroddonnie

I'm glad the ad was posted and I was able to learn a little more about the 57 fords. Looking at the ad again, I had no idea that Edsel fenders would bolt on and fit perfect. I was told the frames are all the same....just makes the 57s that much cooler. HRD

rmk57

It was only the Edsel wagons that had the short wheel base. The Ranger/ Pacer used the Fairlane frame. Citation/ Corsair used the Mercury frame.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Zapato

Seen a couple of these over the years, best one had 300 wagon trim, to really make it believable it needs an Edsel dash. First time I saw one it really messed with my head. Talked with the owner/builder and he said front end was a  straight bolt on, tail lights and the fairing to it took a bit more work. He badged it a Ranger on the flanks and used an Edsel ''E'' on the tailgate.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

SkylinerRon

Small 58 Edsel frt clips will bolt on 57-58 Fords.
Even the split frt bumpers will bolt on with Edsel brackets.  (have a pair for sale)
The 58 Ed wgn rear bumper is the 57 Ford wgn mounted upside down!

Goodluck,
Ron.

Zapato

Not a fan of those bumpers, just look too heavy and industrial. Have to however admit to liking the much maligned horse collar grille. Its definitely iconic.

Funny that we're talking Edsels today. Father-in-law is in the hospital and when we left another family got on the elevator. The dad was wearing a fabulous Edsels t-shirt. Of course had to ask him if he was into Edsels and he replied ''sort of''. To which I said ''sort of, does that mean you have 5 or 6?''. His kids started laughing and he nodded yes. So I passed on a number of a local guy that parts them out that he never heard of. Wife and mother-in-law left on behind mumbling something about car guys always finding each other.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

hotroddonnie

Wife and mother-in-law left on behind mumbling something about car guys always finding each other.

LOL! That's so true. Were easy to spot among us....but there are a few that can fool us. I've had a couple jobs over the years painting houses and never had any clue the guy was into cars till the garage door opens and there it is, then things get interesting.

Limey57

Car guys usually stand out no matter how well they try to blend in.  Oil/paint deeply embedded into dry skin on the hands, car magazines laying around in practically every room in the house, oily finger prints on the body/interior of the family car and there has to be at least ONE rusty fender or door of some long forgotten make of car propped up at the side of the garage!
Gary

1957 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

Speaking of edsels...this one is way beyond "why???". Not sure why you'd want to take a close look, but if you do you'll realize maybe it was done without damaging the integrity of the car. My wife and I saw this in front of a car museum in Santa Rosa, NM last weekend.
"You may be a redneck if...."
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe