News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Y block story but not 57 Ford

Started by Ecode70D, 2014-08-14 14:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

There is a story on the Fordbarn listed in Late V8 54+ about a person with a freshly rebuilt Y block with less than 50 miles on it.  He states that a disgruntled person stuffed electrician's tape in his oil filler tube.  This caused his motor to develop a rod knock.   Some of the guys on this site responded to him, (Sprink88 and myself) but is seems like he makes no sense in what he states about how the rod knock happened.  Just thought that I would mention it because some of us on this site still have Y blocks, and Y block stories always get my attention .
    The story is entitled ( Y Block story )
Jay

sprink88

Yeah, I forgot about that story. Only hit the barn every week and a half or so since it is pretty slow there. Gonna check it out after here. HOPEFULLY he told the whole story

Ok, Just went and read it. I FEEL like I am being led on. He wont tell the particulars of the story. I want to know how! But he claims a guy stuck electrical tape down the fill tube and it is causing the rod knock.
~Chris

sprink88

On a side note.... 50 miles on the engine, I wonder if the tape was used during install to hold something in place and forgotten about.
~Chris

Ecode70D

Quote from: sprink88 on 2014-08-14 21:51
On a side note.... 50 miles on the engine, I wonder if the tape was used during install to hold something in place and forgotten about.

Sprink  He is still being very ambiguous about what happened.  My feeling is that if tape was stuffed into his oil filler tube,  it would have gone into the valley area and stayed there.. 
    The rod knock could have been something that the rebuilder did or did not do.. 
    The way he is dancing around, most likely we will never know what happened.
    Jay

Zapato

Holy BS Batman! Not the old electrical tape in the oil filler tube trick.......

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Frankenstein57

Sometimes toddlers will put small objects into ports and openings. My brother took apart a race engine once to find stubs of welding rod electrodes in the oil pan. He figured his boy picked them up and deposited them in the engine

sprink88

One of my friends bought a 6.0 LS out of a crashed scrub truck. Took valve cover off and found a $100 bill. Went to the bank and they told him it was counterfit
~Chris