News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Clips for stainless trim

Started by mtwilsonboy, 2014-09-08 09:18

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

My guess is at some point the  fender with the round holes was used as a replacement that had either no holes from the factory (Custom), or the wrong hole pattern that was welded up. Either case would require redrilling new holes which would account for the round holes. At least on the rear quarters, Ford used a combination of round holes for the threaded studs in areas that were accesible, and square holes for the snap-ins where accesibility was limited. With that said, I'm not surprised about one of your fenders only having round holes, but I am surprised that the other would have square holes only. There sure shouldn't be a problem putting a studed clip in a square hole though (regardless of what the child psychologists say).
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Limey57

Thanks Rich, I guessed early on it wouldn't be a problem, but seeing as they're now hung up ready for paint I wanted to be sure as I just HATE welding & grinding freshly painted panel!
Gary

1957 Ranchero