News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Happy Days

Started by Raven Rider, 2014-09-07 13:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven Rider

My 57 Ranch Wagon deal was complete and delivered yesterday and it seems to be pretty nice.  Not a show car more of a flat black vintage hot rod with a 90's 302 and 5 speed trans from a pick up not the best gearing but runs and shifts good.  The best part is the new items like new shocks, wide white wall B F G tires from Coker, mostly new window and door rubber, new gas tank as of yesterday.  The back of the car is full of extra parts form a rear bumper and extra tail gate to stainless trim and what looks like all the heater stuff that was remove with two heater cores that look to be really nice.  Two extra gauge clusters one looks real nice so on and son on.  Heck there are parts I have no clue what their for.  BTW I will not be using any of the heater stuff so I well post up the items I do not need ( I live in Phoenix and will be using a Vintage air and heat unit).  I would like to thank every one hear for the excellent forum. Let the fun begin new headline and door panels first then new wind schied and right door glass.  Then maybe next year a DOHC 4.6 and rear disc brake it already has front disks.

RICH MUISE

Hahaha...you really know how to get my attention. 4.6 dohc...really? I'm hoping we'll be able to get together next month....sounds like we got alot to talk about. What part of Phoenix do you live in, btw. There's an awesome black '54 Merc that frequents the Pavilion cruise that has the 4.6 dohc. It was also at the Spring Goodguys in Scottsdale. I've got a mock up unit for the vintage air Gen IV if you want to borrow it. I can bring it out in Oct and pick it up next spring.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

canadian_ranchero

looks like we are starting a trend with the 4.6 dohc :003:

Raven Rider

Rich I would like to borrow the mock up unit I will be done with it well before you come back out.  I can even ship it back to you if you need it sooner.  I live in Mesa and my wife lives in Payson (I'm happily Married nothing like a 80 mile drive to see the other half)  come to think about it I think I must have failed to tell her about the 57 and the tear drop.  I must drive it to her house to tell her soon.  he he he (Beg for forgiveness)

RICH MUISE

Raven....I'll bring it out with me. A friend at a small local hot rod shop used my 4.6 plastic mock up block (with a gutted 4r70w tranny case) for 2 jobs. I had it for sale, for 200.,and he said he wanted to buy it, but I haven't seen any money yet, so I'm not sure if he still wants it. So that may be available as well...best money I ever spent, I got everything ready for the real engine with it, and when engine install time came around, it was in once and done.total weight for the engine and tranny mock-up...about 50 lbs! Sure beat hell out of wrestling a 700 lb assy in and out.
Gary....looks like we have, although we've been talking about it for so long a few are beating us to the punch. In the few years you were missing from the forum, Rilbew had a shop get his up and running. His was the Mustang Cobra version with the single fuel line (no return), and he's having some issues with the computer not controlling the fuel pump correctly, although he's able to drive it until they figure it out. I don't know about up north of the border, but in Texas, Colorado and Arizona, I'm starting to see alot of 4.6 dohc's at shows in various cars. The same friend that borrowed my mock up unit is installing one in a '36 chevy coupe, and last year he put a CV 4.6 sohc in another friends '56 T-Bird. The ones I'm seeing are primarily the Mark VIII versions like ours.That reminds me, I need to bring our original thread back up to the top so the new guys can find it easier.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe