News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

New Member - '57 Ranchero

Started by Aron, 2014-08-24 01:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Aron

HI I'm Aron,

New to the board here. I recently got a '59 ranchero 'barn find' for restoration and could not wait for that restoration to drive one!. I kept hunting on ebay and found a '57 ranchero daily driver. Got 'er and fell in love ever since. Drive 'er to work everyday. I real pleasure to drive. All original car (80's re-paint, I was told, original green/white combo per serial plate) and runs solid. Previous owner pretty much did everything. Had a long list of repairs and new parts. rebuilt engine/tranny/drivetrain. He even put in a new windshield he already ordered and new tires after I bought her! Toyo tires, he profusely apologized for the japanese sacrilege but it was the narrowest profile he could find for better manual steering (?). I'll let you guys chew on that. They are good but I would like white walls as in the pictures. I did buy the correct hubcaps. Another unbelievable ebay deal. Must have been a 'lil ole lady cause got four perfect ones for $35, the set! I have repaired the original radiator solder leak. Was rebuilt by previous owner but had bad solder job. Has been converted to power drum brakes but booster crapped out. Getting one from Dearborn Classics. Should be here any day. Looking for a manual steering box as mine has a wide gap. Would be good to fix. I did email a member about one tonight. So we will see.
Has the stock 292 with about 25k on the engine/tranny rebuild. The stock 3 speed tranny, 2 forward, 1 rev, that is. My '59 barn find has a 430 MEL in it by chance for those that are interested.
My '57 is a real pleasure to drive everyday as I commute about 2 miles to work and back. Keeps a smile on my face. Always the best part of the day.

Oh, This is my first V8! (luv it!) and american car! (very proud I'm a Ford guy now)... I'm in my early fifties...
Even bought a 60's vintage ford gt racing team jacket on ebay too!...

Looking forward to this board. I am also on the ranchero USA board and MEL engine forum.
(Sorry, computer geek from way back, I call it a a board, as in bulletin board, now a forum or blog, I guess...

Thanks,
Aron

Aron
'57 Ranchero
'59 Ranchero

Ford Blue blood

Welcome aboard Aron.  Nice looking Ranchero you have there!  Looks very solid!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Welcome aboard Aron...The Ranchero looks great....perfect for a daily driver. Good score, and welcome to the Ford family too! It sounds like you haven't wasted any time finding info on the car...LOL..I taked to a '57 Tbird owner at a show in Taos yesterday, and asked him if it still had the Y block in it.... "I don't know, it's got the original engine if that's what your askng".  He seemed like a nice guy, but didn't have a lot of folks spending too long with him.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Frankenstein57

Welcome aron, nice looking ranchero. I was in San  luis abispo on my honeymoon in 83, nice beach.

hiball3985

Welcome to the forum. Nice looking Ranchero, I'm sure you are enjoying it. I was up your way ( Pismo ) for a wedding last weekend..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

BP57CUSTOM

Welcome Aron , I just joined in June I've got a 57 Custom 300 2 Door I'm driving almost every day, love it!
Barry
1957 Custom 300
1965 Mustang GT
8N ford Tractor

VwDrvFnd

Welcome! Very Nice looking Ranchero!
I have a rust hole in my passanger side inner fender well, It's 58 years old what do you expect?

GaryI72

Very nice. Good to hear that it's a daily driver. Enjoy!

Limey57

Nice to see another Ranchero!  I like the rails on the top of the sides, I think mine had some fited a while back as i has extra holes drilled in the trim, any idea if they were a Ford accessory or were they custom made?
Gary

1957 Ranchero