News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Ranchero door locks, what is missing?

Started by Limey57, 2014-09-30 09:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Limey57

I'm building up the doors and have fitted new exterior locks and refitted the inner door mechanism, but I'm obviously something missing as there is nothing to connect the key-lock to the door mechanism (see photos below).  Can anyone advise what I should be looking for to connect the two up?  The workshop manual doesn't show anything but mentions "making sure the two pins engage the holes in the lock assembly" when refitting the lock, my assembly manuals haven't turned up yet so I'm stumped.

Gary

1957 Ranchero

Raven Rider

Go to ebay and search for "1958 Edsel Wagon 1957 1958 Ford Station Wagon lock Levers NOS"  this may not be the exact part you are looking for but this is missing from what I see.  You will need to confirm this is the same part number for your car.  This is the link between the lock and the lock mech.  I looked on Jerrys Classic auto parts (www.parts123.com) the part numbers are
Lock Spring B7A-7022075-A $2.50
Lock Lever B5A-7021971-A $6.00
You might find the rest of what you need by going to this site.  I hope this helps.

Limey57

Brilliant, thanks!  Now I know what they should look like I can hunt through the boxes of parts and hope I can find them, if not, I now know where to source some.

Thanks again.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

LAUDY57

Rich posted some pics how he solved the actuating pin length which is clever, search his posts.
"That Guy" keeps stealing everything I put down!

Limey57

Just found a set of NOS levers/pins on EBay for $30, so in a few days I should hopefully be able to get the lock side of things finished.  I'll search Rich's posts, thanks.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

VwDrvFnd

I have a rust hole in my passanger side inner fender well, It's 58 years old what do you expect?

Limey57

Gary

1957 Ranchero