News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Fine 57 at all ford show

Started by Frankenstein57, 2014-05-08 19:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankenstein57

This past Sunday I participated in an all ford car show, close to home, spring icebreaker at Griffin ford. The car I, m parked next to is pretty over the top. I, ve seen this car for about 8 years now. I encouraged him to check out our forum, I think his name is Troy, sorry if I scewed that up. This car has a 460 with twin turbos, 718 hp.he said it turned 11.30s spinning the tires through 3rd gear. They shut him down due to no cage, Mark

Frankenstein57

here are couple more shots

hiball3985

That's a pretty wild 57. I wonder if the hood off was just for show or temporary? I think if I was going to run hoodless that the hood hinges would have to go, ugly and distracting in my opinion, but to each his own.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

57 Ford Kustom

Nice ride! thanks for posting.
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

electricalan

So thats what the black paint on my ranchero is supposed to look like. Thanks for sharing the pics.  Al
Returning from a long hibernation!!!

Frankenstein57

the hood was off because he just put in a new engine , he thought it ran out of fuel and leaned out the burn, blew it up getting off the freeway, the car is quite solid. Former - Arizona car

hiball3985

That is a good reason, although unfortunate.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Finally1

That thing is sweet but kinda low numbers there unless hes running a low boost setting .
1957-70A -19000 miles
1966 Gt Fairlane 38000 miles

Both cars still have original sheet metal

rmk57

You could probably knock 8 tenths or more off that 11.30 with a drag radial or a true slick.
It's to bad no one has come up with a temporary roll bar that could be bolted in and pass tech and removed for the other 99% of the street driven time.
There are a lot of cars out there that can run 11.50 or quicker these days you can buy right off the showroom floor.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

junior58

Just had a closer look at the enginem shot, twin superchargers, not turbos. Still a nice looking beast, would be a real sleeper with the hood on.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

Frankenstein57

Yeah, I never messed with turbos or superchargers, so there was a 50% chance of me getting it wrong, Mark

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: Frankenstein57 on 2014-06-03 21:00
Yeah, I never messed with turbos or superchargers, so there was a 50% chance of me getting it wrong, Mark

Me too...I'm Chicken Little.....I just let the "big buck" guys at Ford figure it out and run the pee water out ot it!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Jeff Norwell

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com