News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Got my lift !

Started by Lucky'57, 2014-11-09 08:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky'57

Got the new lift installed before coming back to work. Next month, suspension and steering rebuild. :)
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

Ford Blue blood

Very nice, like the car but what is that funny looking green thing under the lift? :003:
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Lucky'57

Heh heh! Just wait, your turn will come. Global warming or freezing, comming to Alabama real soon :)
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

JPotter57

Man I hope so, this summer was brutal, stayed over 100 for a while.  The heat would be bearable if not for the humidity.  You practically need scuba gear to work outside.  Its pleasant outside now, around 65-70 degrees or so.  Of course it's only November  :D
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Ford Blue blood

Don't mind the heat so much, drink a butt load of water, set up a couple of fans and stay in the shade as much as possible and I'm good to go.   Dripping sweat on car parts is much easier to deal with then having your hands stick to the fly wheel of a Model H John Deer!

I was stationed in Brunswich, GA (back in the day, 70, 71 and 72) we did not have A/C in any vehicle nor the house.  Not real sure how we did it then but the conditions there were the same as when I was in Pascagola with the ship.  The ship yard went through two weeks of not having enough power to support the chilled water compressors on board.  Now that was a miserable two weeks!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

65kcode

Absolutely love my lift, plus you find out how many friends you didn't know you had. :002:  Best money ever spent in my shop, besides the cars of course! Enjoy

Limey57

Envious!  Always fancied a 4-post lift, but as my garage is only 7 feet 6 inches to the roof joists one wouldn't be much use......
Gary

1957 Ranchero

gasman826

give me your address...I'll send you a saw to cut them rafters!!!!!!!!!! 

Best money ever spent.

The new garage required special engineered trusses to meet local building code and get hoist clearance.

Limey57

If only British houses had as much land as American ones.....  I finish paying our mortgage in 18 months, then its time to save up to move somewhere with more land for a decent garage.  Some people want the latest mobile phone or flat screen TV, "all" I want is a 4 post lift  :003:
Gary

1957 Ranchero

Zapato

Quote from: Limey57 on 2014-11-09 14:53
Some people want the latest mobile phone or flat screen TV, "all" I want is a 4 post lift  :003:

I often wish I could live without a cell phone. truly an electronic leash.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

Very nice...I noticed the extra clearance cut into the roof.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

GaryI72

Very nice. Very nice.

Lucky'57

Had to cut the hole in order to park Momma's car under mine. That was the deal... I could get a lift as long as she could still park inside. Hell of a job but got her done. Plus it prompted me to do a clean out in the shop (two loads to the dump). :)

Lucky'57

Couple more shots of the shop. Amazing how much stuff you accumulate over the years. :booty:

Anyway, original cieling height was 9'4", added 2' with the hole. That puts me at 62" (5' 2") under the rails, I can now stand up under the car, in between the rails.

lowrider

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2014-11-09 08:31
Very nice, like the car but what is that funny looking green thing under the lift? :003:

What's that joke again.  A guy from up north was going to strap one on the top of his car then head south. First guy that asked him what it was on the top of his car that was where he was going to live. Been seeing a lot of snowbirds coming thru the last couple weeks here in Az.
Nice lift. I've had mine for a couple years now. Don't know how I lived without it.