News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Got my lift !

Started by Lucky'57, 2014-11-09 08:07

Previous topic - Next topic

BP57CUSTOM

Nice!  wish I had a lift , Had to put air shocks on my car.
Barry
1957 Custom 300
1965 Mustang GT
8N ford Tractor

geraldchainsaw

hi,  one last question,    whats the diam,  floor to bottom of garage door opener guide?,  thanks   jerry

Lucky'57

Jerry - The garage door opener is 8" thick, I sucked the motor up to the ceiling as much as I could (+/- 9"), the rail is still the same height where it ties onto the wall/door and it doesn't interfere with the hood as I spot the car a little further back. When I'm at the top of my lift I have about 1 1/2" between the opener and the hood. Just enough to pick up the hoist and release the safety latches. To answer your question the H between floor and opener is 103" (9'4" - 9").
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

VwDrvFnd

Very Jealous!. I had plans back in 2010 to build a shop behind my house 25'x25'x20' tall. Had the driveway poured from the street to where the front of the shop would have been. But it all kind of fell thru when my mechanic brother passed away. I would still love to have a shop with a lift but cant afford it now. Sme day!
I have a rust hole in my passanger side inner fender well, It's 58 years old what do you expect?

gasman826

There is nothing saying the door opener has to be in the center of the door.  Move the opener off to the side to obtain more clearance.

Lucky'57

Quote from: gasman826 on 2014-11-10 16:56
There is nothing saying the door opener has to be in the center of the door.  Move the opener off to the side to obtain more clearance.

Now you got me thinking Gasman... I could gain almost another 9 inches. Will definately look into that.
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

57 imposter

Got a lift about 8 years ago. Told my wife that it was the first tool I should have  bought not the last. Had to install mine outside but I can work outside about nine months out of the year. anything that doesn't get done by then waits till next spring. I don't crawl around on the ground for anything anymore.

canadian_ranchero

just got my lift done.getting ready for the 4.6 swap :003:

Lucky'57

Quote from: canadian_ranchero on 2014-11-10 23:51
just got my lift done.getting ready for the 4.6 swap :003:

Holy cow Gary! That's looking mighty impressive and the mill looks like it's ready to explode right off the line. Nice.

canadian_ranchero

Quote from: Lucky'57 on 2014-11-11 00:02
Holy cow Gary! That's looking mighty impressive and the mill looks like it's ready to explode right off the line. Nice.
the engine in the picture is a 406 stroker engine for my sons 52 ford pick up.this is the one i am putting in

Lucky'57

Quote from: canadian_ranchero on 2014-11-11 00:14
the engine in the picture is a 406 stroker engine for my sons 52 ford pick up.this is the one i am putting in

Well, that'll get the ice cream home before it melts  :burnout: :)

RICH MUISE

I'm jealous of all of you...I've been working in a one car enclosed carport with a dirt floor. I literally have to take a wall down to get the car out. When my car is complete, I'll have to rent a local garage to keep it in until, and if, I can build a garage.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

canadian_ranchero

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-11-11 10:32
I'm jealous of all of you...I've been working in a one car enclosed carport with a dirt floor. I literally have to take a wall down to get the car out. When my car is complete, I'll have to rent a local garage to keep it in until, and if, I can build a garage.
Rich when you live up here,you need a heated shop.my knees,neck and back told me i needed the lift.when i was fixing cars for a living i found the 2 post lifts to be more useable.hope your wife is feeling better

Lucky'57

Gotta go with Gary on this one. No heat, you ain't workin unless your stuck.

RICH MUISE

Man that's cold!!...Yep..in Texas heat and air are definetly needed. As long as it's no colder than 25 or so, I can get my work area up to "warm enough" with electric heaters. I reroofed my garage this year, and added rigid foam under the metal roofing. Keeping the garage cooler was definetly easier this summer with the added insulation, so I'm hoping for the same with the heat.
My wife almost got to go home yeasterday. Her resperatory doctor wanted to keep her one more day to get her blood oxygen levels a little higher before he released her. The room she's in now doesn't have couches or recliners, so she made me come home last night to sleep. That was ok though, because she's no longer got the chest drain or IV's hooked up, so it doesn't take a major effort to get her to the bathroom. Hopefully we'll all be home today.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe