News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Rear leaf springs

Started by Raven Rider, 2014-12-08 10:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven Rider

Just installed new leaf springs from Mcveigh's Truck Springs and they are really nice now no more bottoming out and the car sets 2"+ inches higher with a nice little hot rod rake.

lalessi1

Did they come with bushings?
Lynn

Raven Rider

Yes they come with 4 but you will need 8 so I had them add 4 more.  Very nice company to deal with.  BTW the forward bolt is a pain in the arse.  My frame was so packed with ancient dirt I could not detect the nut in the inside of the frame rail.  It took me all day for this job but I thought would take 2-3 hours but I'm old and getting up and down from the ground working on my back took a toll on me. I'm glad it is done.

RICH MUISE

Sounds good Jerry...I'm anxious to see it.
PS: you box of stuff is in Buckeye now.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Quote from: Raven Rider on 2014-12-08 11:41
Yes they come with 4 but you will need 8 so I had them add 4 more.  Very nice company to deal with.  BTW the forward bolt is a pain in the arse.  My frame was so packed with ancient dirt I could not detect the nut in the inside of the frame rail.  It took me all day for this job but I thought would take 2-3 hours but I'm old and getting up and down from the ground working on my back took a toll on me. I'm glad it is done.
I know how you feel, I'm getting too old for this too. I had to pull mine twice, the Chinese rubber in the front eye lasted about six months.. Then there was the trans swap and rear end swap  :005:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Raven Rider

Thanks Rich I will try to get it this coming week end if they are available and I get the call.