News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Door glass roller assembly installation

Started by Custom_Shelby, 2014-11-26 09:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom_Shelby

OK, I've come to the end of my rope on this.....How do you get the glass channel roller assembly all put together and insert that clip to hold it all together?  I've put WAY to much time into trying this on just one so far but no luck, either the roller doesn't clear the flat washer at the end and the clip snaps on to just the regulator arm, then of course it all comes apart because you have the tension spring pushing all the components., and of course it's all facing the other direction in the door so you can't see what your doing.  I need to repeat this six times on a two-door sedan.  How did they do this on the assembly line back in 57 and make any time?  Is there something I'm missing here?

Limey57

Just done this on my Ranchero and I had to walk away from it so many times......  In the end I fitted the rollers to the door glass channels with the little clip in place, the dowel/pin on the window mechanism has a lead-in chamfer on the end and with a firm shove you can push this into the roller, the clip snaps into place as you do it.
Gary

1957 Ranchero