News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

starting my 4.6 swap

Started by canadian_ranchero, 2014-11-30 13:20

Previous topic - Next topic

lalessi1

Second that, few things are more exciting to me!  :002:
Lynn

canadian_ranchero

will not fire up, :005: working on finding the problem

RICH MUISE

Is it cranking? The computer will shut the fuel pump down if the engine doesn't start within a few seconds. If the fuel lines were not bleed that could be the problem. I'm sure you know all that though.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

canadian_ranchero

update;i took the engine harness,coil packs and plug wires off a donor mark 8 installed it temporarily on the the 57 [put over top,layed coil packs on engine ect] and .....IT RUNS!!!!!!!   :003: now i will have to see what is wrong with the engine harness i had on there that i had changed to coil on plug as i would like to keep the coil on plug system

RICH MUISE

Congrats!!! That's a huge milestone with the way to did all of the modified oem wiring. I'm really impressed, though had no doubts you'd pull it off. That had to be a great feeling after all that effort.

canadian_ranchero

i think i may have found the problem.the sources i checked say you need to wire the coils in series,i wired mine in parallel.will hook some temporary jumper wires up and test this.will keep you posted.....   

RICH MUISE

I'm curious if you did your cop conversion wiring the same as what I bought as a conversion harness. What I got was basically a harness that plugged into the connectors that would have plugged into the coil packs. The little harness add-on was of course prewired for the individual coils, basically just a plug in. Can't remember if I took pics of the conversion harness, but I'll look if it would be helpful.

canadian_ranchero

i picked up a coil harness out of a 99 continental and tied it in to the mark 8 harness

RICH MUISE

This is a pic of the cop conversion harness I bought.....I know it doesn't help without knowing which wires went where. This harness just plugged into the coil pack connectors, so the 8 cop's are just running on the 4 signals sent to the coil packs

canadian_ranchero

update;finishing up the coil harness changes,then the big test to see if it works.will keep you posted

canadian_ranchero

had to post one more time...............800 posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canadian_ranchero

update;....IT RUNS!!!!!!!  :003: changing the coil on plug wiring from parallel to series is what needed to be done.that took about a week to figure that out and fix the problem

RICH MUISE

lights....camera...action.!! Now, where did those dancing girls run off to?

canadian_ranchero

update;finishing up my exhaust,needed to move my return fuel line to clear the 2 1/2 inch tail pipes.not alot of room for the 2 1/2 pipes,so it is being a challenge to get them to fit

RICH MUISE

watch the e brake cable clearance also.