News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1955 pic of the '57 Ford

Started by RICH MUISE, 2015-01-27 09:36

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Found this pic in the Gallery of Jerry's classic cars. It is in a group of original Ford photographs. Check out the date on the placard. I wish there were other pics of this design, and sure glad they made the changes they did.
Check out the Mercury-like bumper, and the '57 Chevy-like hood bullets. Interesting gizmo on the passenger side roof/windshield....A/C?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

horribly heavy front bumper, looks like this imfluenced the 57-58 mercury and edsel. am also glad they went with a much cleaner look. its almost like on guy designed the body, another the grille and another the bumper.

Zap- :unitedstates:

do you have a link to that site?
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

RICH MUISE

I also noticed they have the paint codes listed for 57-59 with Dupont, dizzler, ppg, ect matching codes. Hmmm. I should post a link to those on our technical info links board

Ecode70D

I sure am glad that it never happened.

lalessi1

That car looks like a "test mule" with facades hiding the actual styling details. Cool pic.
Lynn

hiball3985

Thank God we didn't end up with a design like that. The picture on the back wall almost looks like some kind of window van.....
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hotroddonnie

Well if they had built the 57 that way then I guess this site would not exist! And the 57 Chev would have out sold the 57 Ford. Our lives would be a lot different today, who knows where we'd be, this could have changed everything! My Gasser would have been just a dream.

Jeff Norwell

Very interesting photos.
Trying to decipher the engine here,Fuel injection?I see Offy or Moon breathers,But the rad Hoses are throwing me off.
Test Mules,right Jay!

Love Factory secrets.At the time they were very hush hush,then long forgotten,now a mystery.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

RICH MUISE

Funny how we look at different things..this one caught my eye this morning...maybe the back end of the wagon I posted.
Jerry's classic cars....I wanted to spotlight part of their introductory statement:

We also straighten and polish stainless. We can weld holes, take out dents and dings and restore your stainless to show quality! Need chrome work done? Look no further, we have our own in house chrome shop! We have a very quick turn around time and can refinish all of your steel or pop medal products to show quality."

If my wife and I ever get to take our wanted vacation in Branson, Misouri, I've gotta go see this place. They are about an hour south of Branson. I can't believe I missed a golden oportunity to visit them this past summer when I was in Springdale for a week helping my wife's cousin with some rental property...and spending most of that week twiddling my thumbs waiting on workers to get stuff done. It was the week after I got back that I found out we were only a few miles from them in the same town!!
Not sure about this though...they restore "pop medal"?? lol

Ecode70D

Quote from: Jeff Norwell on 2015-01-28 06:56
Very interesting photos.
Trying to decipher the engine here,Fuel injection?I see Offy or Moon breathers,But the rad Hoses are throwing me off.
Test Mules,right Jay!

Love Factory secrets.At the time they were very hush hush,then long forgotten,now a mystery.

I can't figure it out.  Are my eyes playing tricks?   Is that a 6 volt battery? six volt is what they had in 1955. 

djfordmanjack

obviously a short throat Fuel injection. If you look closely Jay, you can see the dual twin intakes of the passenger side, that are 45? inclined towards the engine center line. on the drivers side you can make out another 2x2 throttle valves below the breathers. what's with the dual radiator hoses ?
Judging by the the stacked intake throats it should be a Y block ?!? the car in the engine pic must be a production model. look how refined the inner hood structure is. I wouldn't think it would look like that by 1955.
VERY interesting pics. I am just stunned how finished the front headlight/hood/grill section looked in September 1955. that is 1 year ahead of production time. WOW !
I love info like that, thanx for posting Rich.

gasman826

2x2s...Webers...maybe

dual radiator hoses like a flathead...mechanical water pump eliminated?

djfordmanjack

Quote from: gasman826 on 2015-01-28 17:00
2x2s...Webers...maybe
I don't think they'd be under the valve cover breathers. and they wouldn't be inclined on 45 degrees.
maybe something like a dual exit hi flow water pump ?

djfordmanjack