News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Ranchero for sale online . . .

Started by BBoswell, 2015-05-26 09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

BBoswell

Found this listing this morning. It's not pure Ford but beyond that it looks like a sweet ride.
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/5034223870.html

JPotter57

Is nice, but the scrub motor totally ruins it. 
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

rmk57

Quote from: JPotter57 on 2015-05-26 15:20
Is nice, but the scrub motor totally ruins it.

I could never figure out why people do the sbc transplant. When it comes time sell you've lost a good percentage of your market buy making it non Ford.

I'd be interested in something like that, but less the running gear of coarse.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

That is a really good looking Ranchero, but I'd be more concerned with the potential cost and time to repair the rust that's bubling up. That makes me wonder how the entire car was done. Drivetrain could be rectified in a short period of time.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

ok! have my flak vest on, the sbc doesn't bother me at all the sbc into a 50s ford is as old as the sbc is. whether we like it or not its the easiest and cheapest v8 to find parts on the road if there's ever a problem. hell I'd run a toyota tundra v8 if that was my only choice available. there will be a y-block in mine as one became available. so the 2000 mustang gt 4.8, the 69 302 and the merc 429 and all their trannies will be sold or traded off now no more deciding which way to go. so even tho never saw anything but a ford in my 57 parts are parts in my book and whatever it takes to keep a 57 on the road is fine by me. that is a lesson  I learned from the studebaker guys to them a stude on the road is better than a stude rotting away waiting for the right stude part.

Zap- :unitedstates:

not sure that the sbc in a early ford really limits the market on a finished car or causes any loss of value. those are concerns only in the ''restorer'' segment of the hobby. way too many hybrids out there selling for good money all the time. and as Rich said it can easily be changed back.
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72