News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

South Texas guys...you all OK???

Started by RICH MUISE, 2015-05-26 08:27

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

I'm not sure how close all you southern Texas guys are to the flooding...but I'm sure hoping none of you are affected...check in and let us know you're ok.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

ttt...Larry? Kerby? Others who check in occationally?? You all got your high water boots on?

VwDrvFnd

Doing ok Here, flooded pretty bad couple miles down from me, but no flooding on my street!
I have a rust hole in my passanger side inner fender well, It's 58 years old what do you expect?

RICH MUISE

Glad to hear that, and thanks for "checking in" and letting us know.

Wirenut

Where I live in la Vernia we have had a lot of rain and thunder storms but no flooding. Two small tornadoes, one in Poth, and one in Nixon approx. 15-20 miles away. And yes I do have my water boots handy. I spoke to Jack Flash yesterday since he lives in Wimberly where a lot of flooding has happened but he indicated his place has not had any damage. Thank you for asking about us and your concern, very kind of you. Gods speed my friend.

RICH MUISE

That's great to hear, Kerby....sounds like it was all around you.

Zapato

all news good so far which is really great to hear.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Ecode70D

The news and weather liars  have not been bringing us much about the flooding in Texas, but what they have showed is not good.  My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone that is involved in that terrible flooding. 

Wirenut

The ones that have really been hit hard are the ones that live along the rivers. Some homes have been washed off of their foundations. There are 11 people missing believed to have been swept away. Some low lying areas have been flooding and a lot of lost crops. It's just our turn to experience weather related issues.a couple of weeks ago it was Oklahoma and north Texas with a lot of severe storms and some bad tornadoes. Thanks to all for your concerns, great group if guys on this forum for sure.

jumping jack flash

Hello friends, I am still here. I thought I made it through the rain untouched , but then on that Saturday, I drove to Belton for an all El Camino meet. ( yes, I do have both brands. A 57 Ranchero, and an 81 El Camino). As we approached home it got darker and darker.We were in and out of heavy squalls, but finally got home.That last storm went through my barn and flooded it. I really need to get a concrete floor in it. It measures 72 x 34 and is not setting on level ground. We'll get through this OK. Still diggiing out a little today and it started raining again. Putting my stuff up higher for a while.

RICH MUISE

Glad to hear it wasn't more serious than it sounds. We haven't had flooding rains here, but I'm sure getting tired of the daily downpours. On the bright side...I haven't had to/been able to work on outdoor house projects. We still haven't heard from Larry/Acrylic Man since the flooding began. I've got his number here somewhere....gotta look some more.

RICH MUISE

I finally found Larry/Acrylicman's number and gave him a call.....unfortunatly Larry did get flooded out last month, but thankfully everyone is ok and they are trying to get their lives back to normal. here's a copy of the email he sent me last night....
Rich,     I got your phone call yesterday, Thank you for checking on me, I'm still kicking :-)   
Yes, we got flooded out, and are putting everything back together. It's turning out to be a blessing though, FEMA, and the SBA have stepped in and we should be better then before.  The car is on the back burner for now though.  "I'll Be Back"
:-)
Larry