News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

trim clips

Started by 57 imposter, 2015-10-27 18:03

Previous topic - Next topic

57 imposter

Does anyone have a source and maybe a part number for the trim clips that go on the rear of the door.. they snap in right at the door edge.

RICH MUISE

You're talking about the wire type for the inside door panels? If you are, I'll check in the am..I bought a box...may have enough left over to send you what you need, or at least a p.n. off the box
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

lalessi1

Rich, where did you get yours? I bought mine from Macs' and they were worthless in my opinion.
Lynn

RICH MUISE

pn 1213. I don't know the brand as I had emptied them into a parts bin with just the box tab. I think it may be au-ve-co. I think I bought bought them at the local body shop supply house. May have been a swap meet purchase. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a classic parts place as it's a pretty generic part. I do remember having issues with some others I had that were breaking...too brittle, as Lynn said almost useless. The ones I ended up with on my door panels that have been on and off with no issues are painted green, and I have about 15 left over. I'm thinking there probably are 10 or 12 on each door.
The ones that were breaking were either copper or black...don't remember...I have a few of both of those left.
I found a number of ebay listings, but none that referenced my 1213 pn or painted green. I'll check with my autobody supply shop later today...I'll be in that neighborhood anyway.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57 imposter

I am looking for the outside stainless trim clips maybe a 57 doesn't use them but a 58 has two holes that are right at the rear of the door edge, the door seal covers them on the inside door lip so they are a snap in clip. I assume they are about the same as the ones that go where the side trim passes over the rear fender wells.