News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Prayers for my dad, please guys...

Started by JPotter57, 2015-08-10 07:39

Previous topic - Next topic

SkylinerRon

My dad was the same, always busy and taking too many chances.
Went out on an icy day when he was bored, slipped and broke his hip.
That convinced me to think more, move slower and buy labor saving tools.

Hope your dad heals up soon.

Ron.

Wirenut

He's on our prayer list in Texas. Hope he's doing better.

Jeff Norwell

Hope all is well James.God Bless.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

JPotter57

He had a little episode with his medication, but once he got that straightened out, he is able to rest.  The downside to the medication, is that he has no appetite.  He said he has to make himself eat so that he can take his medicine.  He is healing, just on the long, long road to recovery.  Thanks for all the well-wishes, guys.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Ford Blue blood

James if I remember corectly your dad didn't have much extra to give up unlike fat boys like me.  Might look at something that worked for me and a good friend that had throat cancer.  He couldn't/didn't want to eat but needed nutrition to heal.  The thing that worked was milk shakes.  Milk shakes or malts with two raw eggs beaten in when the thing was blended up.

I used those back in the day when I was young and bullet proof to slim down while lifting and running.  They worked for me and for Lou.....just a thought.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

JPotter57

Ill be going back up in a couple weeks.  I will see if that will help him out some.  When I talked to him today, he sounded better than he has been.  I know he's just bummed out being stuck inside while my mom and sister were mowing the grass.  Thats the one thing that sucks being so far away: when something bad happens, you cant be there to help as often as you need to.
Old, loud, and fast.

jumping jack flash

Sorry that your Dad is not doing as well as he wishes. Will pray he gets better .

Ford Blue blood

James, think about your dad very often, any update on how he is doing with recovery?
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

JPotter57

Yeah, the shattered heel has been repaired with screws and is healing ok, just his body isn't liking the screws.  They are waiting until Oct 5, and they will probably take them out then.  It will still be November sometime before he can start putting weight on it, and maybe then, he can start getting around a little.  In the meantime, he is buying stuff online for his car, and stacking it away, waiting for when he can get back in the garage.  He's still in good spirits, but you can tell that he is sick of laying around.  When I brought my 427 by the other day before coming home, he had to get up and come outside to check it out.  We both feel like I got a great deal on a hardly used engine.  It is so clean, it looks like it could have just come out of a crate, except for the slight discoloration on the exhaust ports.  He is ready to get his wiring buttoned up and get his cranked.  He had bought an H-pipe for his right before his spill,  but never got it installed.  I saw it on his workbench when I was there.  I am anxious for him to be able to get back in the shop.  Maybe this spring, he will be back up and around again.
Old, loud, and fast.