News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

dual quad setup on Winnipeg kijiji ads

Started by jvo, 2015-08-12 13:39

Previous topic - Next topic

jvo

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-engines-and-engine-parts/winnipeg/ford-thunderbird-292-312-y-block-dual-quad/1086457447?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Anybody looking for a 57 dual quad setup?  Don't know anything about it, just stumbled across it, wasting time on the computer.
If I could roll back the years, back when I was young and limber, loose as ashes in the wind, had no irons in the fire.... wish I'd done things different, but wishin' don't make it so. ( Ian Tyson)

jvo

Oh, I guess I should add, for those that don't know, and most probably don't care, that the exchange rate on the Canadian dollar is way down again, so the U.S. dollar could buy these for approximately 75 cents on the dollar.  Again, I know nothing about them, just that they are available. 
If I could roll back the years, back when I was young and limber, loose as ashes in the wind, had no irons in the fire.... wish I'd done things different, but wishin' don't make it so. ( Ian Tyson)

Hoosier Hurricane

If anyone here is considering this setup, be advised that it does not have the Thunderbird linkage which allows the carbs to be mounted backwards for hood scoop clearance, and the carbs are not the specific dual quad carbs.  Not trying to bash the guy, but anyone looking for correct parts should be aware.

John

hiball3985

I'm not sure if that manifold also requires the valley cover with the depression?
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

JPotter57

That one does, Jim.  The aftermarket intakes don't, but that is a factory intake.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Zapato

there's a complete set-up in the Seattle,WA craigslist for $1700. no pictures. gives carb numbers etc... someone who knows these should check it out.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72