News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

bad news from classic auto glass

Started by 57 imposter, 2015-08-24 16:56

Previous topic - Next topic

57 imposter

I have just been informed that something has happened to the form at classic city and the windshields they have for 57-58 Customs will not fit. They are in the process of redoing the form but don't expect to be back in production until November..Does anyone out there have a source other than Classic city for windshields?

Zapato

do a search for Jim Arnold in the Canby,Or area used to be on the HAMB as the oldcarglassguy, will search thru some of my old stuff and see if I still have any contact info.

Zap- :unitedstates:

tell him Zapato sent you..........
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

I'll see if I can find a thread that was running on the Hamb's 52-59 social club...one guy checked into and listed all the posibilities for his '59
Doug...found it.
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/best-source-for-a-windshield.973331/
Somebody on that thread mentioned Bob's classic glass, whom I had forgot about. He's up in your end of the country if I remember correctly. I think his link is in our links list. Close would be great...shipping is big on those.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hotroddonnie

Picked up all my glass from Bob's Auto Glass including the front, every piece tined for $950.00, I had to pick it up at the Border and pay all the extras but I was very happy with the service. HRD

57 imposter

Thanks Ill try the links but Bob is who I was dealing with and who gave me the bad news from classic. He is a dealer for them. I had it all set up to go thru Eugene Oregon on our way to the coast in Sept. and pick my windshield up so this issue really messed my plans up. they should be back in production in November so having to wait really won't hold anything else up. After all they put new windshields in complete cars every day so this hick up is really not the end of the world.

57 imposter

Bobs a good guy! He went to work calling competitors from around the country and found a windshield somewhere in the Midwest that is made by another manufacturer. I had it shipped to him and we will pick it up on our way to the coast in Sept. Way more freight than coming from L.A. but sometimes that just doesn't matter. He really went beyond what wound be expected from him considering he could have supplied one of his own windshields by December.