News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

carpenter seals

Started by 57 imposter, 2015-09-08 21:58

Previous topic - Next topic

57 imposter

every once in a while, something has to work right. These door seals have been sitting on my shelf for about 10 years. put them on and both doors close like they should. They do need to do some settling but they did close the first time.

BWhitmore

It sounds like you found the trick for installing new door seals - let them set for 10 years.  every time I have heard about installing brand new door seals the doors seldom close correctly. 

clusterbuster

Put new seals on all four doors of my Custom a year or so ago and had no problems what so ever with them closing. Bought them from Mac's Could be a difference in companies that are manufacturing them. When I rebuilt the trunk and installed new seals, that was a different story. Took several months for them to settle in for easier closing.

57 imposter

I had one of the tools used to roll new rubber beading in screen doors and windows. It is a plastic handle with a wheel on each end. I used it to seat the door seal down into the edge of the door. don't know if that made the difference or not but they closed, tight, but closed. I got the tool at Lowes.