News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

trunk seal

Started by RICH MUISE, 2015-10-26 16:40

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Does anybody have any close-up pics of the trunk seal in it's correct orientation? Dennis Carpenter is no help, and I haven't been able to find any close-up pics showing the profile of the seal.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

lalessi1

Rich here is a diagram that came with my car. It is from Carpenter but I don't know how old it is. Hope this helps. Image 5....
Lynn

RICH MUISE

Exactly what I needed, Lynn. Thanks. I didn't get one of those sheets in mine...lol...bought about 6 or 7 years ago, just opened the bag. I'm trying to get at least a few small things done while I'm waiting on my differential. Funny thing, of the 1/2 dozen ways that it could be glued on, that was one I figured for sure wasn't the way.

57 imposter

Just goes to show how much help is available on this site. I am in exactly the same spot tonight as Rich was back in Oct. I got instructions with mine but lost them. Like Rich, I would have not put it on correctly without this page. Another thanks  Lynn

RICH MUISE

I guess you're about to find out what a pita it is to put the seal on with the trunk installed. I only did about a 1/4 at a time, too much of being a contortionist for me to do it in one shot. a word of caution...if you're using an electric solenoid for the trunk release, it may not pop the trunk after the seal is installed...at least for a few weeks.
I think we're not the only ones who were helped with the illustration Lynn posted..I noticed it had been opened 59 times!

lalessi1

I posted it (besides helping out) so that WHEN I loose it I will know where to find it! It was a miracle I found it in the first place!  :003:
Lynn

57 imposter

I wasn't about to install the seal with the trunk installed. I knew I was going to remove the trunk lid for the seal so while its off, I will do the upholstery, carpet and a couple of wiring loose ends.

RICH MUISE

Are you going to post pics in your build thread? upholstering my trunk is in my to-do list.