News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

heater core

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2015-12-12 21:25

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

i have a question,   since i don't use my heater at all,  the cars stored during the winter, why should i ;let the anti freeze be in the heater core, its just going to leak in time,  is there any way to plug the hoses?,  take the anti freeze out of the line and still lookk original?,   thanks for any info,   jerry

Ford Blue blood

Look for marbles (or ball bearings) that will fit really tight in the hose.  Install them right at the inlet for the heater and the return inlet on the water pump.  If you need lube to force them in they are right for the job.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

lalessi1

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2015-12-13 08:01
Look for marbles (or ball bearings) that will fit really tight in the hose.  Install them right at the inlet for the heater and the return inlet on the water pump.  If you need lube to force them in they are right for the job.

My thought as well. You might have to pull the core to drain it completely (maybe vacuum?). Another option would be to remove the heater all together and install the appropriate block off plates. Heaters were optional equipment (not sure about Fairlane 500's). That would give you a cleaner look and more room under the hood and dash.
Lynn

sprink88

If you still want the hoses to go to them I would just put valves in the lines and shut them
~Chris