News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Rare wagon

Started by Limey57, 2016-01-31 14:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Limey57

Just seen this one on Facebook, a right hand drive 57 wagon just bought by another English guy.  I'm trying to find out it's history but I suspect ex-South African.  Only ever seen one other RHD 57 Ford, that was a Ranchero.

Gary

1957 Ranchero

racton

Neat car ,How many American$$?

57ford

There is another RHD Country Sedan over here. Orange and white, lowered with old Cragars on it. Was owned by a chap in Essex.

Limey57

Quote from: racton on 2016-01-31 15:07
Neat car ,How many American$$?

I don't know how much he paid for it, apparently the plate says it was assembled in Canada, I've sent him a message asking for more information.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

Limey57

Quote from: 57ford on 2016-01-31 15:20
There is another RHD Country Sedan over here. Orange and white, lowered with old Cragars on it. Was owned by a chap in Essex.

I'd forgotten about that one!  Saw it a couple of years back.  I've seen a few black & white photos of 57 Fords in England taken in the early 60's but all were LHD.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

hiball3985

Is that a boot on the wheel like they use here in the US for not paying parking tickets? With the driver door missing it makes me think it was used for mail delivery  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Limey57

Yes, over here we use them to deter thieves, usually on trailers, but just lately old American cars seem to be getting stolen for use in destruction derby type events.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

hiball3985

Thats a good idea, I'm not aware of anyone here using them for a theft deterrent.

Using them for destruction derby  :005: What are these people thinking?
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Limey57

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2016-01-31 16:11
Thats a good idea, I'm not aware of anyone here using them for a theft deterrent.

Using them for destruction derby  :005: What are these people thinking?

There seems to be a case of "bragging rights " in those circles where some of the less than honest racers like to race the rarest cars they can buy or steal
Gary

1957 Ranchero

junior58

Here in New Zealand we had factory RHD 1957 Custom 300 4 door sedans assembled at the Ford plant in Seaview (just out of Wellington). They were assembled from CKD packs out of Canada. I'm pretty sure that was the only model though, don't think there were any wagons done.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

Zapato

Steve, so you guys in NZ got regular 57s, figured since Australia got a rehashed 56 in 57 you guys did too. News to me.

Zap  :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

junior58

Yes Zap, we got real ones, not the rehashed Aussie ones. They rehashed them all the way thru to 59, but we got the correct ones, all locally assembled.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

Zapato

Dang, now you got me drooling for a right hand dash.

Zap  :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

djfordmanjack

I wanted to buy that one about 4 yrs ago but was already sold before I bid.