News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Anyone interested in taking over?

Started by JPotter57, 2016-03-05 19:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

James I know exactly what you are going through.  It happened to me.  A job opportunity moved me from TN to Birmingham to only be massively screwed over by one of my coworkers.  Fear, depression, anxiety, and yes some what could I have done differently are all normal. 

I know you are a man of faith.  Faith is what kept me going.  As it turned out that pot hole in the road of life opened a different door and resulted in a job that I loved.  It gave me real purpose again and that satisfaction gave me peace. 

Keep the faith man.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

hiball3985

Thank you for all you have done to make this place exceptional for all of us. I'm sure things will work out for the best in the future. As Bill said most of us have probably hit one of those pot holes in life at some point.  I hit mine in the mid 80's but it eventually opened a door to something better. Then the better hit a sink hole when I was 58 and had quite a struggle until I finally had to start collecting SS at 62. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would own another 57 but it happened. This site has been a blessing since I joined. I wish I could help but I'm a computer idiot..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Jeff Norwell

I may be able to help you since I am always working on this damn thing 24/7.... saying that..I am a TOTAL Mac guy.. I know NOTHING of the lower intelligence PC hahahahah
But.... if you need help. we may be able to sort stuff out.

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

racton

:unitedstates:     in some language crisis and opportunity are the same word.we are an international organization and have a mission and duty to save many more 1957 Fords.i am proposing all members pay dues $50.per year.We should have membership cards with date of joining and acceptance.We can develop that plan but I would like a card.Moneys collected can help with costs and providing some salary to officers.I would appreciate some ideas .Thanks Richard acton

57AGIN

racton:

In the distant past 57 Fords International did have membership cards, I've still got mine around somewhere.  I, too would support anything that could help James continue our great site.  However, I agree with Ford Blue Blood, James livelyhood is in jeopardy due to some idiots elsewhere in the company he works for.  This is an extremely difficult time for James.  But I also agree with Ford Blue Blood, this may end up opening another door for James.  Mine occurred about 2 years after I got out of the Navy, Ford Aerospace lost a maintenance contract at JPL in Pasadena. I received my "pink slip."  I had recently bought the house we still live in 45 years later and we were going to lose everything.  God was looking over us and several opportunities in succession opened up and our lives continued on and kept getting better.  James, keep the Faith, you have hundreds, maybe thousands of 57 friends thinking of you and praying for your success.

Bob
57 AGIN

lalessi1

I, for one, appreciate your thoughts on the forum. In our new internet world (in my mind) your suggestions may difficult to apply to this forum. Money, while a concern, may not be the issue. We all do this for the love of these cars as I am guessing James does. I also imagine a lot of small internet forums such as this one are started and continued by a few passionate folks with a common interest. If it turns out that money is a problem that threatens the continuation of this endeavour, then I am all in. I personally would prefer a less formal arrangement.... 
Lynn

RICH MUISE

I agree with Lynn. I think the money should be voluntary, and hopefully there are enough of us who would volunteer the funds to make it work. A mandatory fee would cut new and old membership drastically I'm afraid, and the point of this forum is to get as many participating as possible. I've met many '57 owners at shows, etc that frequent this forum as guests, not members, even when there is no costs involved.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

gasman826

Money is all too often a difficult or stressful subject to discuss so I jumped in.  I didn't read between the lines and think that money was the issue but I didn't want the lack of money to add to difficult time.  I also do not support a membership fee.  On the other hand, I have no problem with a budget being posted with a running donation total.  I also support an estimate of what each member's fair share.  If more donations come in than are needed to cover costs, then forum manager can disperse as one sees fit...they've certainly earned it!  With a posted budget, members can check from time to time and donate accordingly.

RICH MUISE

I noticed also James removed the thread regarding donations That was up top on the forum. I would like to see it reinstated, but with a link to a paypal or traditional address added so we know where it is to be sent. Don't know if there are any risks involved posting that info publicly.

Wirenut

I'll go with whatever the final decision is. Thanks to all that make this site happen. Thank you Mr. Potter. I have a better perspective now. I didn't realize the site required so much. The discussions are good for people like me to understand.

JPotter57

Agreed.  There are too many legal issues,  irs and so on with having a paid membership.  It would involve at the very least,  incorporating,  and im just not not interested in it.  Plus, the factbis like Rich says, people dont join now and it's free.   I knowni could lock up all the forum info except a welcome page, but again, I just dont want to do it.  I like it the way it is.  Once my job sorts out, and it will, I am sure, just not sure when, everything will go back to normal.  As always, the donations are appreciated.  I got one yesterday, and it will pay most of the webhosting for the next several months.  Thank you  much,  Mr GS, , you know who you are.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Frankenstein57

Hang in there James, I hope your work situation works out its problems. If it doesn't use it as an opportunity. I made a life changing decision this past year that affected a lot of people, my whole life I've always fixed other peoples problems, it was time to fix my own. A leap of faith as it was. If the need arises, with the fine group we have on this site, we'll find a way to keep it running, Mark

KYBlueOval

Quote from: KYBlueOval on 2016-03-11 03:24
Without this great Forum, I would have made a multitude of costly mistakes by now in building my Ranchero. I'll gladly "ante up". Tell me where to send the money.
John
I'll stick by my word...........I'll forward a contribution...........someone tell me were to send, how to send it etc..
John

RICH MUISE

Yes, I need to know as well.

billd5string

Me too - this sight is great and I will gladly contribute.
1957 Ford Del Rio
1967 Mercury Cougar
2015 Ram 1500
2018 Mustang GT (daily driver)