News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

KYB Front Shock Absorbers

Started by Stukenbroeker, 2016-05-22 17:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Stukenbroeker

Hey guys,

I recently purchased the KYB KG4515 which are listed on Rock Auto's website as the correct shock absorber for my 57 Country Sedan. However, after pulling apart the front end and attempting to install these shocks, I noticed that the mounting hole placement for the bottom of the shock does not line up correctly. The shocks that I removed from the car had a dogbone shaped slotted bar to mount the bottom of the shock, but the KG4515 have only holes drilled, not slots, and those holes are almost 1/2 in narrower than the mounting holes in the lower control arm.

Has anyone else run into this issue when using these shocks? Would I be safe to elongate the holes on either side so that the mounts will line up?

Thanks!

RICH MUISE

I think everybody has had that issue. You'll need to slot those right on out so that they are open slots. Cut off tool works great...5 minute job. Use some hd washers under the bolt heads and you should be fine. I love those shocks on my car.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II